Sims Not Loading Correctly

by currentlocation

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Not Loading Correctly

★★ Novice

Hi y'all, so I got some new custom content due to y sims not working as it should as I thought that may be the problem. I don't think it is however, because I ran my content through numerous mod conflict detectors, as well as package conflict detectors as well as taking all my mods out of my mods folder. I genuinely do not know what is going on or how to fix it. I took screenshots to show it a bit better. 

Also, this has been happening ever since the last update happened. 

But the problem is basically, icons won't load for the packs I haven't bought, nor can I read the names of said packs or read anything about the packs. I can't even try to buy the packs; not that I want to. The mods pop up doesn't even say 'mods' or anything. 

When I try to create a household, I can't see any words or anything. I can't see the actual sim or ANY clothes- base game or custom content. 

What should I do, you guys?

Message 1 of 6 (3,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims Not Loading Correctly

Champion

@currentlocation, the mod conflict detectors and other such items can be handy, but they aren't always reliable.Disappointed  You shouldn't only rely on these to keep your Mods and CC maintained!  Also, it is often not enough to just remove your Mods, as some corrupted bits of data can remain. Raised eyebrow

Any time there is an update to the game, there is a chance that some Mods or CC will be outdated.  You will have to do the following steps to find the cuprit(s):

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

Please update us on how this works out for you! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,180 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@currentlocation, the mod conflict detectors and other such items can be handy, but they aren't always reliable.Disappointed  You shouldn't only rely on these to keep your Mods and CC maintained!  Also, it is often not enough to just remove your Mods, as some corrupted bits of data can remain. Raised eyebrow

Any time there is an update to the game, there is a chance that some Mods or CC will be outdated.  You will have to do the following steps to find the cuprit(s):

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

Please update us on how this works out for you! Angel

Message 2 of 6 (3,181 Views)

★★ Novice

@PugLove888, I did everything that you said to do and it works! It wasn't even my CC that was broken, considering I did the 50/50 method! However, I ran into a new problem. Now, when I go into CAS (now this ONLY happens with Toddlers. No other ages) the legs of the toddler are so so long. And I can't edit their faces whatsoever. When I click on the face of the Toddler sim, the camera goes straight to the knees of the child. And the shoes stretch out majorly. I included screenshots of this too.

I went to my mods to see if it was any sliders that were the problem, but I don't have ANY sliders whatsoever. I'm not quite sure what to do now. It is a minor problem but it's more annoying than anything.

When I went into the game to see the screenshots, I noticed that I didn't mention the arm angles. I don't see why they would be like this if my CC was all functioning properly.

Message 3 of 6 (3,156 Views)

Champion

@currentlocation, I know you did the 50/50 Method for the earlier problem, but it sounds like you will have to go through the steps again to find the culprit to your current problem! Disappointed

Here is a link to a chart that better explains how to use the 50/50 Method (also called the 50% Method) :  http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Scroll down to the 50% Method to find instructions and the chart.

I realize you might not need the chart, but it is better safe than sorry! Angel

Please update us on how it turns out! Fingers crossed

Message 4 of 6 (3,148 Views)

★★ Novice

@PugLove888  You were right! I did do the 50/50 method again and it worked! I got rid of the mod that was causing the problem. Thankfully it was a mod that I didn't actually need nor want. I honestly don't even remember downloading it.  Thank you for all your help!

Message 5 of 6 (3,126 Views)

Champion

@currentlocationI'm so happy your problem is solved!  I know how tedious going through all your Mods/CC again is Disappointed , but I'm happy it ended up being worth it -- and that the Mod that was causing the problem was one you won't even miss!Party hat

Message 6 of 6 (3,120 Views)