Re: The Sims 4: Chatting with Origin Worker

by irisufs

Original Post

Re: impatient simmer.

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

I've merged a few threads into a single one because all of you are wondering the same - WHEN will you be able to PLAY?

As it happened with The Sims 4 Seasons and previous Expansion Packs, this is a rolling midnight release, which will start today in Australia/New Zeland.

The time for you will depend on your timezone - that's why some may be seeing November 15th in Origin, because it might still be November 15th for you when the DLC releases in your region. This should help you find out the exact time, depending on where you live: https://twitter.com/SimGuruKate/status/1062562389579583489

Hope that helps - it's almost here! :D

-Mai

Message 11 of 41 (1,123 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So pretty much false advertisement it says release nov 15th then my time zone says midnight 16th(usa) but i preordered it  so i could get it today not the day it comes out to the whole world im going to get a refund and wait til its cheaper in target 

Message 12 of 41 (1,097 Views)

★★★★ Novice

WOOOOOW SO I JUST READ for those of us that wasted our time pre ordering we get it at 11pm that night so for us in usa 11pm on nov 15th thats a load of * EA LOST ME  origin too i will be purchasing my games a whole lot cheaper and else where  i bet they would change how they do things if everyone boycotts them  or doesnt pre order ridiculous

Message 13 of 41 (1,096 Views)

★★ Novice
Totally agreed! This is totally misleading and should be stated clearer.
Message 14 of 41 (1,083 Views)

★★ Novice

So the 16th and not the 15th advertised when purchased? Why lie about it?

Message 15 of 41 (1,070 Views)

★★ Novice

This is absolute bullsh*t like wtf EA why cant you release it at the same time everywhere instead of here and there like i know you have different servers for different regions so quit playing us and let us have the game on the 15th like we pre ordered it to have. Seriously? I just want to scream cause all I want to do is play my game. WHY YOU DO THIS EA PLS?!?!?!

Message 16 of 41 (1,069 Views)

Hero (Retired)
A small note
If the game is not on Origin then no codes will help. The game will be on Origin according to the given date by EA
Message 17 of 41 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

It is ok to be angry, it is ok to complain, but it is not ok to swear and insult people on this forum. Please play by the rules and try to be friendly with everybody.

Here a link to the rules, in case you want to read up on which behaviour is fine on this forum, and what we don't want to see.

On the topic itself: All expansions are released that way. They are always released at the same time for your specific timezone. For example for me that's 0:00am Central European time (UTC+1). But as I'm in Ireland, which is on UTC+/-0, I can already play at 11pm on the 15th.

Spectre, Forum Admin

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 18 of 41 (1,017 Views)

★ Apprentice

So if I were to change the timezone on my EA account, i'd get to play the game earlier? 🤔

Message 19 of 41 (980 Views)

New game expansion

★★★★ Novice

My new Get Famous expansion pack isn't downloading. I pre-ordered November 1st and I opened my computer and it isn't automatically downloading like it usually does. My timezone is mountain time US and it is currently 10:35 am. Is anyone else having this issue? 

Message 20 of 41 (930 Views)