Re: Sims 4 vampires dying

by WarriorWhimsy

Original Post

Sims 4 vampires dying

★★ Apprentice

I can't seem to add this to a Sims question page, so I just have to add it here.

I was playing with SimA in a separate household a few minutes ago, & she was running her retail store. A vampire Sim (SimB) from another household came to the lot, but I had no roof cover. I thought just resetting her every now and then would stop her from burning & subsequently dying, but suddenly she properly caught alight. I panicked & reset her, but that just deleted her entirely. I'd just saved a couple seconds before I reset by accident, so I couldn't go back. She's not a Sim I'm too fussed about losing, but:

1) She doesn't have a grave/urn, & can therefore not be resurrected using Ambrosia which I'm annoyed about since she was married with four kids. I thought I'd saved the household to my library, but apparently not. 

2) What if this happens with a different vampire Sim I adore, such as the one who's in my main family? 

3) I DON'T want it to happen to any other vampires I have, so how can I stop this from happening at all? It's not like I can bar any and all vampires from attending markets or whatnot when I'm playing with a different household. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,285 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Okay, so the grave just appeared so I'll be able to resurrect her, but my question still remains: How can I stop this from happening again?

Message 2 of 8 (2,282 Views)

Champion (Retired)

To avoid catching fire keep your vampires indoor during the day. One of the Vampire powers you can get allows them to stay outdoors for longer. There are also a drink you can make that has a limited time effect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 8 (2,274 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I know that, but the problem is that I can't always control them. The scenario I gave is what I'm worried about. If I'm playing a different household, & a vampire comes to my lot while my current Sim is selling something at his/her store then there's the high risk that they will burn. 

Message 4 of 8 (2,269 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This will only happen on areas you can currently see.

So if she is at her store just keep the view on the store and its surroundings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (2,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Two of my Sims died like that, when I was playing with another Sim, and the camera was not focused on them. Fortunately, for one of them I had a previous save point (she is the heir of the family, thank god for that).

But the other one, she died and no urn appeared! 

Message 6 of 8 (1,518 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I've had problems with that, too.  The short version is that vampires have no sense of self-preservation and just stand around playing on their phones or whatever in direct sunlight until they die. 

Instead of reset object, what has worked for me in the past is "cheat needs," since they won't die until their vampire energy drops to 0.  Cheat needs, and then immediately travel to rush them inside.  I've also spent death flowers on my unfortunate vampire neighbor who lived in Sulani and decided to go wading in direct sunlight. 

But generally?  They're all suicidal when you're not playing them.  Frown  Get them sun resistance as soon as you can if you play rotationally. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,488 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, this thread was  reported as a "necro, as it's from 2017, so we'll lock it down. Thanks for answer/tip @xochiquetzl_xkvn 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,475 Views)