Re: Sims 4: Plant-sims. Ability to make permanent.

by AzzureRain

Original Post

Sims 4: Plant-sims. Ability to make permanent.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Please? Why isn't this a thing? You add in plant sims but they have to be constantly eating forbidden fruit. You do all of that work to become a plant sim. Post the event requires level 10 in gardening and then getting lucky with the seeds and it only lasts 5 days? Can you please in the very least add an optional way to become a plant-sim permanently? It shouldn't be a temporary life state only that's very frustrating. Like maybe if you eat a forbidden fruit while already a plant sim you become permanently a plant sim? And/or add the ability to create plant sims in CaS. I don't really get the concept of this half life-state. It's very frustrating. I don't feel like it'd be super tricky to make a way for it to be permanent. Although some refinements wouldn't hurt too. Like how in sims 2 and 3 they had a unique way to have babies. I liked the asexual reproduction. There might be a mod for this but I try to avoid mods. 

P.S. What happens if you try for baby with two plant sims? Do you get a regular sim as it's technically just a moodlet and doesn't effect genetics??

Edit: I heard a rumor university life is supposed to be the next expansion. Sims 3 introduced plant-sims via university life. Maybe make full plantsims with that? Thanks. Full re-do/refinement of the life state may be a good idea because despite having special needs it's appearance is very minimalistic. In fact I can mimic the plantsim appearance in CaS just not the special needs. 

Message 1 of 12 (10,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AzzureRain, I think this wasn't a thing because originally Plant Sims were part of an event.  You see, there used to be events on the Sims 4 from time to time.. Usually during an event, a character named Jasmine Holliday would be available on your phone … you'd call her and she'd show up and explain the task or tasks for the event.Standard smile  In the case of the Plant Sim Challenge, you did not have to be a level 10 gardener.  Jasmine Holliday would give any Sim who asked , the task of collecting magic "beans" which were like big magic seeds.  You also got a magical stump to put them in... To get the beans you would have to look around for Sims in your neighborhood who were turned into plant Sims … then you would talk to them for a bit and ask them for a seed/bean and they would give you one based on their current emotion.  You would then have to collect 6 of these , each a different emotion and put them in the magic stump! Then you would water the stump and it would grow into a huge magical tree. You would then enter the tree and go on a "rabbit hole" adventure and come back with some items, and usually a Forbidden fruit! :eahigh_file:

These challenges have ended since TS4 was brought to consoles. To make up for this, EA decided to make the forbidden fruit available in the very rare seed packets. So prior to that, it didn't matter if your gardening skills weren't high. But I recommend taking the one Forbidden Fruit you get and planting it.  That way you don't have to spend so much money to get another one. Wink

Also, there is a way to get the forbidden fruit with cheats!  Then you don't have to have such a high skilled gardener to become a PlantSim!  Bring up the Cheat box by pressing "Ctrl" + "Shift" + "C" at the same time.  Then in the Cheat Box type "bb.showhiddenobjects" (without the quotes) and press "Enter". (Make sure you type the period after "bb" but before"showhiddenobjects". )

Then go into Build/Buy Mode and near the Sort by Function section  type in the Search Field "Forbidden Fruit of the Plant Sim" and you will find the forbidden fruit!  You can also get the magic seeds/beans this way and put them in the magic stump. Just type "magic bean" in the search box after you have entered the cheat in the cheat box.Wink

As for extending the PlantSim state to be permanent, I don't think they will do that.  The challenge was a fun little thing to do but that was several years ago.  It might not seem like a hard thing to do for them to extend this state to be permanent, but coding is often much more complicated than we could imagine.  Raised eyebrow  Then there is also the fact that a lot of players don't even want to wait for the full amount of days for their Sim to stop being a PlantSim and are always asking for ways to shorten that the PlantSim state!  So it is doubtful that they would change this. 

Being a PlantSim does not affect your babies.  I tried having my Sim become one while pregnant, and I've had the mom and dad become Plant Sims before woohooing to try to get pregnant.  The resulting babies are normal Sims, unless of course they eat the Forbidden Fruit when they are older! Wink

Finally, if the rumor for a Univeristy pack is true, it is probably way past the time for them to make any additions like you suggested, so if they ever were to make any changes to PlantSims, I don't think it would be in Univertisy (that is , if we get Univeristy at the end of this year).  

I also preferred the Plant Sims from TS2 and TS3 to the ones in TS4!  I especially loved the TS2 ones!Party hat  The baby Plant Sims were so cute! Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 12 (10,317 Views)

★ Apprentice

"

As for extending the PlantSim state to be permanent, I don't think they will do that.  The challenge was a fun little thing to do but that was several years ago.  It might not seem like a hard thing to do for them to extend this state to be permanent, but coding is often much more complicated than we could imagine.  Raised eyebrow  Then there is also the fact that a lot of players don't even want to wait for the full amount of days for their Sim to stop being a PlantSim and are always asking for ways to shorten that the PlantSim state!  So it is doubtful that they would change this. "

I mean becoming a plant sim is optional? So I don't know why you would complain about it lasting too long. I still want a permanent version of plantsims. I get it was an event. That doesnt' change my request. Maybe in an expansion refine it as an actual life state. 

Message 3 of 12 (10,299 Views)

Champion

@AzzureRain, I never said that I felt the PlantSim life state was too long... I said many other people thought it was too long!Raised eyebrow  If you don't believe me, check out this post here on EA AHQ :  https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/how-to-reverse-a-plantsim/td-p/6008526/hig... Notice that besides the Original Poster, 116 other people clicked the "Me Too" button!  They didn't want to wait the 5 days for the PlantSim effects to wear off! Raised eyebrow This is why it is doubtful that EA would extend the amount of time a PlanSim lasts!  Thinking  Playing as a Plant Sim was a lot more fun in TS2 and TS3 for most people and I think they were a bit disappointed that it wasn't as well done for TS4. So people are complaining because they know that this life state could be more fun, but since it isn't' as fun for them and they have tried it, they want to stop it quickly.  However, since it was given to us free, I think it was a nice gift ! Angel 

Also, I doubt EA would change this in an EP.  It would take resources away from the EP they were making.  So, lets say we were to get a farm pack some day.  Plant Sims would fit in a pack like this very well... but most people would be upset if EA spent time making Plant Sims better if it was at the expense of adding horses to the game or giving sheep owners the ability to use the wool from sheep to spin it into yarn. If EA were ever to improve PlantSims, they would most likely do this in another free patch!  Wink  But they likely will just keep PlantSims the same. 

Message 4 of 12 (10,286 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well since what we got wasn't proper plantsims. Getting proper plantsims would be a nice addition to the game. I doubt we're getting horses or sheep. And that plantsims would take away from that. It really wouldn't be that hard to make plantsims a proper life-state. They already have all the essentials for it in the game. Mostly additional texture and actual unique hair, etc. But I'd rather a life state then the ability to sheer sheep. 

Message 5 of 12 (10,263 Views)

Champion

@AzzureRain, no, these weren't' the complete PlantSims we saw in TS2 or TS3 Devil... but then again they were free! Angel We can't expect the same level of detail for something free that we would get for something we paid for.  The PlantSims we got were more about the challenge event then they were about the life state.  For a while, if you missed the Challenge, you missed the opportunity to even be a Plant Sim unless you used a cheat.  Raised eyebrow

I only used examples of horse and sheep because Plant Sims would fit in perfectly with a farm pack, and a great many people want a farm pack.  So, since a farm pack is more likely to have a plant Sim than most other packs (since Seasons didn't include "enhanced PlantSims") I thought I would use that example.  Again, it isn't about the horses and sheep per se... those were just examples.  It could be cows and chickens, or if improved Plant Sims were to show up with another pack (like University) it might be at the expense of University related gameplay, some of which you might actually want!  What ever pack enhanced PlanSims would be included in would eliminate some other aspect of that pack that would have made it into a pack... which EA is not likely to do since many, many people were trying to find a way to shorten the Plant Sim lifestate in the first place!  Even if it were not that hard to enhance Plant Sims, it would still take resources away from something else! Disappointed Resources are finite. 

And we might get horses... more people want horses in the game than they want longer-lived Plant Sims!  And frankly, there are people who would rather sheer sheep and use the wool to spin yarn so they can weave cloth or knit in the game then they would having a permanent PlantSim life state. But even if we don't get sheep or horses, or chickens, or extra University activities, or whatever, it still isn't very likely they would spend resources to enhance a gift that was free to the game.

Finally, it isn't as if everyone gets everything they want in the game... I really want fairies, but I doubt we will get those.  I just have to learn to live with it if we don't. Angel 

Message 6 of 12 (10,258 Views)

★ Apprentice

I mean it's a multi billion dollar company. "Resources are finite" is an iffy concept in a world where anything can be accomplished by throwing money at it. So I highly doubt it's either or. And Life states are one of my favourite part of the sims games so few potential things would prioritize over new life states. Also "They aren't gonna waste resources making full plant sims because people were wanting to end it early" You already admitted people wanted to end it early because it wasn't as good as they were hoping it would be. So if they made it better than people might you know actually like it? Such a weird concept. I still don't agree with the nonsensical concept of wanting to make it end early. Like 5 sim days isn't that long for one. And for 2 eating the forbidden fruit is like 10000000% optional. Your actions have consequences. But if they do make it a proper life-state I'm sure it'd come with a cure like all the other life states (except alien cuz that's technically another species). Like their skin is just green, not leafy like in 2 and 3. Their hair isn't a flower or anything it's just a specific hair style with a specific hair colour. The appearance of it was very eh. And that's probably why people wanted to end it earlier cuz they didn't like looking silly. I get it came in a free update. I'd honestly buy a plantsim pack like the vampire pack. That was built from the ground up and wasn't related to event one at all. It'd have way more changes, way more interactions, actual powers/abilities. Unique life state. (Bring back TS2 asexual reproduction). Also come with A LOT of plant-like clothes. Or maybe if we get a supernatural expansion like in TS3 it will touch up on pre-existing life states, add full plant sims, fairies, werewolves. I read somewhere supernatural was the most popular TS3 expansion so doing another might be a good idea. A pack like RoM and Vampires but several combined to be a proper expansion. Also I post this as feedback "You don't always get what you want" But you never get what you want if you don't communicate it to those who have the power to provide it. So I'm helping EA know there is interest in proper plantsims. Sims 3 had all the life states of TS2 and more. Except arguably Servo but we got Simbots and Plumbots instead. I expect the very least in the TS4. Technology progresses so never ending expansion with ever generation of sims games should be feasible.  

Message 7 of 12 (10,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AzzureRain, yes, that is true"You don't always get what you want" But you never get what you want if you don't communicate it to those who have the power to provide it."   But it doesn't matter if they are a mulit billion dollar company in that every company has finite resources.Disappointed  If a company is successful and treats money as if it grew on our Sims's money trees, they would stop being a successful company.  

I love life states in the game too! Heart They give us completely new ways of playing the game.Party hat  But we have to keep in mind that there are a lot of people who hate Supernaturals . It isn't just about what you and I want.  I didn't want laundry in the game.  I do that in real life and its boring.  But most people wanted laundry, so I'm glad its there for those type of players who want the game to mimic real life. Standard smile At least the Build/Buy mode and CAS objects were cute!   

Also, you stated that " I still don't agree with the nonsensical concept of wanting to make it end early. Like 5 sim days isn't that long for one. "  Well, it wasn't nonsensical to those people! Raised eyebrow I didn't think 5 days was too long to wait either, but some of them wanted really wanted their Sims to stop being Plant Sims.  It would have been great if eating a second Forbiddenfruit would have reversed the effects, but the developers probably thought they wouldn't need that since the time period was only 5 days. 

And yes, I loved that TS2 Plant Sims could reproduce asexually.Nerd  It was a very unique touch... but TS2 the best gameplaywise of the Sims as a whole, imho, so its no wonder I preferred its Plant Sims.Large smile  And I have considered before that people would want to play PlantSims longer if their features in TS4 were better. But most bosses would see this as a gamble … they didn't make money on PlantSims in TS4, so now they have to spend more money to enhance them because people are not as happy with them as the paid-for versions in other versions of the game?Wondering  They usually tweak things (like they did with staircases, and glass roofs) in a patch.  But that would mean they would work on something twice and get no revenue from it.  It isn't logical.  They would have to include it in a pack they could get revenue from … but this causes other problems -- people get mad when they have to buy an extra pack for a better version of an item or feature they already have! (Some people were upset with the Moschino Pack because of this) .  But the photography enhancements that came with that pack rounded out that pack nicely.  It wasn't too bad since the Moschino SP was only $10, and it had more features than any other SP for the same price.  This helped … However, we can't expect that every time. Frown Which brings us to the other problem , which is that since resources are limited (no matter the size of a business) to include something almost always mean it is at the expense of something else.  

Which is why the community is divided over the how to handle supernaturals.  TS3 lumped them all together… which meant that they were not as well developed as the Vampires and Spellcasters are since they have their own packs.  But a supernatural pack does assure more types of supernatural Sims... so there is a trade off.  I would rather have the supernaturals in their own pack.  Mermaids, Aliens, PlantSims , and Ghosts are nice , but their gameplay isn't as fun as that of Vampires and Spellcasters.  So I prefer each supernatural Sim-type to have their own pack... which you probably would have wanted to if they had done PlantSims like that in the first place.  Wink

And yes, TS3 had all the life states that TS3 had plus more, but some of those weren't done as well as they were in TS2! Devil  Werewolves were better in TS2 and I had a blast with Zombies in TS2, but hated them in TS3! Sick So more isn't always better (though I'm usually a person who prefers more, I just realize it isn't' always for the best. ) And yes, the technology is better now than it used to be, but TS3 made a lot of huge mistakes with the playability of the game.  So the technology was better in TS3's time compared to TS2, but TS2 was a better game because people could actually play it! Large smile  TS4 has taken a more cautious approach to avoid the pitfalls that TS3 had.  So yes, tech is better, but in order for people to play the game they just can't incorporate every idea that pops into their head like they tried to do with TS3.  

Message 8 of 12 (10,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AzzureRain I'm afraid I would be in the 'can't wait until the 5 days are done' crowd! Wink When I kept getting those Magic Beans in my seed packs I looked into how to use them (I have a lot of '10' gardeners and love gardening), and I actually may have tried the magic stump and tree thing if I had known it only lasted 5 days - just for fun - but I didn't because it sounded like a pain in the butt! I was afraid it would be permanent and mess up my sim! Standard smile

Now I feel like I missed out on the fact that I never tried a plant sim in Sims 2 or 3! Frown

Well, it certainly can't hurt to voice your opinion and ask for features to be added. Who knows, if that 'super hero' pack was popular before, maybe EA would like to know if there is interest in re-making it... and if there is interest in a fully developed plant sim addition. You never know. I think that @PugLove888 is simply not wanting you to get your hopes up since so many people complained about the current Sims 4 plant sims. She is a realist, and facts matter to her very much! Angel 

I hope you will at least find a way to enjoy your plant sims in the manner that they're currently offered. Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 9 of 12 (10,210 Views)

Champion

@AzzureRain, yes, @SheriGR , is right in that  I try to be realistic.  I love to dream, but I don't' like getting my hopes up only to be hurt, and I don't want to lead anyone else into that either. So, even though I wish PlantSims were more like they were in TS2 and TS3, I don't see any signs that they will improve the ones in TS4.  I see signs that they will probably leave them as they are  -- but hopefully I'm wrong!  Standard smile

@SheriGR, Plant Sims in TS2 and 3 were a lot more rounded out in gameplay.  In TS2 they had spores on their head that through asexual reproduction could result in a little Plant Sim baby! :eahigh_file: You could set the little toddler PlantSim out in the rain or sunshine so it could get water and nutrients! But they could move like any other toddler in the game! Heart

Message 10 of 12 (10,184 Views)