Sims 4 Fire

by drdraco50

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Fire

★★★ Newbie

But what if you forgot to put in a fire extinguisher?!?!?! I'm SOOO scared for my sim, even though she's safe and out of her apartment...

@Tlintho wrote:

Click on the tile that is on fire, a choise to extinguish the fire should pop up, which makes your sim grab an extinguisher and put out the fire. If YOU catch fire, take a shower to put it out Standard smile

@Tlintho wrote:

Click on the tile that is on fire, a choise to extinguish the fire should pop up, which makes your sim grab an extinguisher and put out the fire. If YOU catch fire, take a shower to put it out Standard smile

@Tlintho wrote:

Message 31 of 82 (2,926 Views)

Champion

@will_gardiner , you don't need to buy or put in a fire extinguisher ... they appear out of nowhere like mops do when you direct your Sim to extinguish the fire! Cool

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 32 of 82 (2,915 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

what happened to me is there was a fire and all my children got taken away because i had to neglect them because i was trying to put out the fire. a way to save yourself is to not save and to x out, then go back in and don't  do whatever started the fire. i hope this helped. sorry for bothering you.

Message 33 of 82 (2,864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There are no firemenStandard smile. You have to click on the fire. When my sims caused a fire she had to extinguish it. In the sims 4 you can purchase sprinklers for your home. I haven't had to use them yet, but I think they put out the fire.

Message 34 of 82 (2,821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am new to this too I think I a kid should be able to call 911

Message 35 of 82 (2,721 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@quigleylt wrote:
Agreed. I have had my house furnished and decorated for months now. Got the update, now everything catches fire. I have a fireplace in almost every room and now I can't use them. The mantle used to be the perfect place for all those collectibles. Now every mantle has to remain bare which means I can't display my cool stuff.

Way to go maxis.
BTW: I'll never forgive you for what you did to SimCity. Dreadful...
Had to tell you, quigleylt , I gave you XP for your "BTW: I'll never forgive you for what you did to SimCity. Dreadful..." Thank you. Me either! And now this.

To EA Games:
I honestly have not felt an urge to play ANY of my Sims games now. All the upgrades and forced buys (upgraded computer to keep up with changes in games bought and paid for and loved and played for hours happily exclaiming how Sims was the best...) in other words, everything good they used to be, no longer. Not interested. Don't play anymore. Don't bother to ask them for help as there is none. Certainly not telling anyone anything except "oh, skip Sims anything", and certainly not buying from them again.

Too bad. We had a good relationship there for a while: literally hundreds of dollars poured into every expansion etc.

EA? Just multiply that by the posts on this topic alone and you can calculate your losses.... so sad.

Message 36 of 82 (2,583 Views)

★★ Novice

My young adult Sim set fire to the household barbeque, somehow.  Said BBQ was next to a pool.  I could not get her to jump in the pool, nor the nearby hot tub.  She died of panic-induced stupidity.  Lucky I saved somewhat frequently and she has been resurrected!

Not knowing about the availability of sprinklers, I removed the BBQ.  Now fires start happening anywhere a heat-generating source like fireplaces exist.  I also had a neat tiki bar that blew fire.  I removed it, fearing a future where my home would be en flambeau, because of a lack of a way to prevent the bar from creating havoc.  While doing so, I thought, "Honestly, why give us objects we can't actually keep, safely?"  Then I learned about the sprinklers. So I will try adding those, but it is still unclear as to the whole fire-preventions and resolution system in the game.

1. Will sprinklers prevent fires from breaking out, game mechanics-wise?
  2. What do you do about exterior decks?
  3. If there are no firemen in Sims 4, what is the purpose of the fire alarm?

Loving the game, but there are a few annoying and infuriating facets I wish could be avoided.  Random fires is one of them.  

Message 37 of 82 (2,550 Views)

Champion (Retired)

When they catch fire click on them and select "Extinguish self". Or if there is a shower nearby make them use it.

1. No, only extinguish them.

2. Put out any fires that starts on them.

3. It starts the sprinklers.

TIP. When a fire starts your Sims will usually fire panic. Giving them other orders works a little faster if you cancel that first.

Buy expensive stoves that are fireproof or invest in handiness and upgrade those you have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 38 of 82 (2,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie
what you want to do is use the cheatcode motherlode and just redo your house up
Message 39 of 82 (2,328 Views)

★ Novice
i did exactly that but it set my sims on fire and killed one.
Message 40 of 82 (2,192 Views)