Re: Sims 4 Fire

by FreeasabirdS4S

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

You would need to wait until the object that is in the way burns away or load a previous save. Consider installing sprinklers in the future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 71 of 82 (2,711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my sim is young adult and i tried to put the fire out myself and died. do i have to sit and watch my * burn to the ground or what man? this is bogus bc its the secnd time

Message 72 of 82 (2,628 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@judy4674 

Please read earlier answers to this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 73 of 82 (2,616 Views)

★ Novice

ITS HAPPENING TO ME ON WINTERFEST TOO!!!! WTF!!! Angry

Message 74 of 82 (2,522 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MisterJsGirll 

Yes, fires will start regardless of if it is a holiday or not. Just as in real life.

Message 75 of 82 (2,515 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Fire is one of the most annoying aspects of this game. I know no one, including my 87 year old mother (and I called her to check this is true) that has set up a new christmas tree turned on the lights and it immediately burst into flames.  Later today I am going to look at the trees tuning file and see if I can remove that bit of reality. 

I also had a sim burn to death while raiding the temple. I exited without saving that time.Fire risk Is one of the reasons all my sim end up doing the gardening aspiration to gain the safe from fire trait. Although even with this they still end up hurt when lighting a campfire.

Message 76 of 82 (2,496 Views)

★ Novice
@drdraco50 2019 and the problem is back.
Message 77 of 82 (2,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I am a simmer as well and I will be honest, fires are extremely common in the Sims, especially the Sims 4. In Sims 3 and Sims 2, and even in the original Sims, it is very common that with the smoke detector the fire department workers will show up. My one theory is that in Sims 4, a sim must put out their own fires (which I honestly find quite frustrating) and even with a smoke detector, I do not believe the fire department workers would show up. This may be exactly why you were waiting and they never showed up. If you check the job icon, also, you may notice that a fireman/woman is not an option. So I will make it clear for you, no, this is not a glitch, as you may have figured. There luckily is a way to save your house and sims from a fire, an incredibly easy way, too. When a sim discovers a fire, the first thing they do is panic, but you can simply click on the fire and there should be an option to put it out. Your sim does not need any items or skills to do this, they should just do it automatically. And no, sims that are younger than a teen: (child, toddler, baby, pets) cannot put out fires, and it's sort of obvious. Also, toddlers, babies, and pets cannot die from fires, even though pets can catch fire (but they can't die from it.) Children, teenagers, young adults, adults, and elders surely can die from fire in the Sims (this includes any pregnant sims). Teenagers and older can put out fires, so if a fire starts while a sim within that age group is not home, you're basically out of luck. Therefore, this is not a glitch, and is really an easy fix. If a fire does start while your sim is not home, you can quickly send them home early from school or work to put the fire out. I hope that this was helpful to you or anyone else.

Message 78 of 82 (2,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There are no sprinklers in sims 4

Message 79 of 82 (2,238 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@darbyg1 

Yes there are. Install the fire prevention system.

Message 80 of 82 (2,200 Views)