Re: Sims 4 Fire

by IsamOfTamaa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Fire

★ Newbie

While I was playing The Sims 4 one of my Sims created a house fire, but i knew everything was going to be ok because the firemen would come to help me out... 3 minutes later followed by a dead Sim the fire was still raging and no one turned up. i left my computer for a while and returned to find the fire was still flowing through my house.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch (that the firemen didn't turn up) or i needed the better fire alarms or if you havent added firemen yet.

Please fix this or at least remove fire until you add firemen you have fixxed the glitch. 

Message 1 of 82 (357,819 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Click on the tile that is on fire, a choise to extinguish the fire should pop up, which makes your sim grab an extinguisher and put out the fire. If YOU catch fire, take a shower to put it out Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 82 (438,784 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Click on the tile that is on fire, a choise to extinguish the fire should pop up, which makes your sim grab an extinguisher and put out the fire. If YOU catch fire, take a shower to put it out Standard smile

Message 2 of 82 (438,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie
While yes, putting the fire out yourself is now survivable, you have to have an adult sim onsite to do it. Both my adults were at work, only the child home, and he couldn't do anything helpful. Half my house burned down before an adult came home from work.
Message 3 of 82 (351,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try adding a sprinkler to your house. You can also make Sims leave work early in emergencies. Click on the little icon on their portrait and choose leave work early.

But yes, the lack of firegighters is sad.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 82 (351,226 Views)

★★★ Novice

It also doesn't help that if something the sim can't get to catches fire, he won't be able to extinguish it, which happened to me 3 times in a row. Also I think the fire-catching from the fireplace is riddiculous since the last patch. Before everything was fine and my fireplace even had a fireproof upgrade done by my sim, now every single thing in a mile distance from the fireplace constantly catches on fire. Nice christmas my sims had...

Message 5 of 82 (349,086 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I like the fact that adults can now extinguish fires. My wife was playing, and one of her sims caught fire. We discovered that the other sim was able to save her. Thanks for the shower info. Very helpful since I have several single occupant homes. I haven't had any fires yet personally with the purchase of the fire system.
Message 6 of 82 (349,074 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, I just got the game today for Christmas, have been playing it for about 2 1/2 hours and just had my first fire.  I was freaking out because I didn't know what to do, sent my sim on the route to safety because that was the only option I could get, kept waiting for the firemen to show up, tried to call for firemen on the phone but was informed that this action was not available because there was a fire on my lot so I decided to google it and came upon this thread only to find out that firement apparently do not exist and my sim may die trying to save his house. I got $612 or thereabouts for damages done by the fire.  It was too bad that the cheapest fridge and stove well exceed that, I won't even talk about the counters I had to replace and my newly designed tiles.  I have to say, the scorched look is growing on me.  All the while this is all going on, my boyfriend is having quite the laugh at my reaction.  I'm glad to report that my sim survived his ordeal, I; however, may need therapy.

OS7

Message 7 of 82 (348,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Agreed. I have had my house furnished and decorated for months now. Got the update, now everything catches fire. I have a fireplace in almost every room and now I can't use them. The mantle used to be the perfect place for all those collectibles. Now every mantle has to remain bare which means I can't display my cool stuff.

Way to go maxis.
BTW: I'll never forgive you for what you did to SimCity. Dreadful...
Message 8 of 82 (344,719 Views)

★★★ Newbie
And now the children's "Junior Wizard Starter Set" catches fire routinely. Seriously guys; you must have absolute incompetent people making your games.

BTW: I'll never forgive you for what you did to SimCity.
Dreadful...
Message 9 of 82 (344,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie
where do you find the sprinkler system? and while we're on sprinklers, is there a sprinkler for the garden? watering is so freaking tedious. and i'm sorry but have you ever gardened? it does not take 3 or 4 freaking hours to water and weed. come on!
Message 10 of 82 (336,430 Views)