Sims 4 Digital Deluxe only English?!?

by BlackholeViper

Original Post

Sims 4 Digital Deluxe only English?!?

★★★ Apprentice

After 3 years of opposing the Sims 4 I've finally decided to give it a go and bought the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Version on Origin.
Now I find out about this absolutely ridiculous language restriction cr*p. No matter where you bought your Sims 3 CDs in the past you could always choose any language upon installation and now, only because you live in one country you're FORCED to play in that countrys language too?
I moved to the UK 3 years ago but have always played all my Sims games in german as that's my native language, yet the only available language on the store is English US?

I also see that all the DLCs have no language restrictions and offer german (Deutsch) for my location. So how does that work? I only get to play the base game in English but if I buy the expansion packs I get to change the language or are they automatically locked to the base games language too?

I am seriously considering instantly refunding this game. What big of a deal is it to universally offer all the language with the base game, seriously? Simple language packs? I honestly have NO comprehension as to why this is necessary or even justifiable. Might sound petty to most people, but it's kind of a deal breaker.

Message 1 of 2 (454 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Digital Deluxe only English?!?

Champion (Retired)

Rightclick the game In Origin Select Game Properties. On the Advanced Launch Options tab change the Game Language. Click Save and close the dialog. The necessary language files will start downloading.

Notice that if you have a single language pack this is not possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (430 Views)