Sims 4 Bug: Won't let me access world

by maddiep8054

Original Post

Re: The sims 4 discover university bugged to no end

★★★ Newbie

I sorted this by repairing my game on origin. 

Message 31 of 263 (1,039 Views)

Update issues on wall patterns

★★★ Newbie

I updated Sims 4 yesterday and began playing today. I started to realize that it seemed to me that I was missing  lot of wall patterns. I went back to other previous builds and every build I created now has brick as a pattern in the place of the wall pattern that is missing. This was not an issue until this new update.

Message 32 of 263 (1,039 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Base Game Worlds and Wall Patterns Missing

@Bluecaboo  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please try repairing the game in Origin:  Open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 263 (1,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what do I do I do if repair is grayed our and I wont let me click it

Message 34 of 263 (1,080 Views)

@Bluecaboo  Try clearing Origin's cache, and if that doesn't work, uninstalling Origin "the hard way" and reinstalling.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Or, if you happen to be on a Mac, run the Origin reset tool instead:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If these steps don't help, let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS, and which version.  Please also tell me whether Origin is currently showing as offline—it would say so in the upper right corner of the Origin window.

Message 35 of 263 (1,072 Views)

Re: Missing Worlds

★★★ Newbie
I also seem to be having the issue of missing those three worlds. I have every world but newcrest, windonburg, and oasis springs.
Message 36 of 263 (1,073 Views)

@dede351668  I've moved your post into the current master thread for this issue.  Please try repairing the game in Origin:  Open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

Message 37 of 263 (1,064 Views)

Normal maps won't show up

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have no expansion packs. I disabled my mods.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I click "New Game" or "Load Game"
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't take me to any of the free maps that sims4 comes with, only the paid map that comes with expansion packs.
What do you expect to see? The normal map shows up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here's a picture of when I try to load a game: 

Message 38 of 263 (1,060 Views)

Re: Normal maps won't show up

Hero
@gummyheads Merged your post with the master thread of this.

Try right-clicking on the game in Origin (while the game is closed) and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 263 (1,045 Views)

Sims 4 Bug: Won't let me access world

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? It's useless to me
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. So when I press load game on the main menu, and it takes me to the city selection screen, none of my playable cities are available as options. So I can't play, because I can't select my city
How is this making it more difficult? Well I can't play the game
How can we reproduce this experience? Idk what this means tbh, but basically when i press load game it only has the cities from stuff packs I haven't purchased as options, they are all gray and none of the regular towns are available as options to play in, therefore I can't access anything.

It doesn't work, as explained above. 

Message 40 of 263 (1,005 Views)