★★★ Newbie

How do you adopt a child in Sims 4?

Message 1 of 36 (248,296 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Adoption

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Win7Sims wrote:

I think you need to use a computer. Click on a computer and look around the menus and interactions the computer gives you.

^this

it''ll cost a 1,000 and the sim heads off to pick up the baby you can a dpot kids too i'm not sure if the sim will head off to pick up the child as i've only adopted a baby so she headed off to collect the baby the options on the computer is click on  household move-adopt

edit i just adopted a child the sim heads off to collect the child

View in thread

Message 3 of 36 (282,982 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think you need to use a computer. Click on a computer and look around the menus and interactions the computer gives you.

Message 2 of 36 (247,840 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Win7Sims wrote:

^this

it''ll cost a 1,000 and the sim heads off to pick up the baby you can a dpot kids too i'm not sure if the sim will head off to pick up the child as i've only adopted a baby so she headed off to collect the baby the options on the computer is click on  household move-adopt

edit i just adopted a child the sim heads off to collect the child

Message 3 of 36 (282,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My family can't adopt via phone, or library computer.
They have a bed, and kid stuff for the child to use, and the money, but there's no room, money, or need for a computer in their house besides to do the adoption for the mother's desire to adopt...

There is no option at all on the devices they have access to to adopt.

Message 4 of 36 (236,943 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

It should be in Household - Adopt on the computer or are you saying you don't have a computer ? There's one in the library you can use

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 36 (236,936 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@wimer-blanchard wrote:

My family can't adopt via phone, or library computer.
They have a bed, and kid stuff for the child to use, and the money, but there's no room, money, or need for a computer in their house besides to do the adoption for the mother's desire to adopt...

There is no option at all on the devices they have access to to adopt.

@wimer-blanchard  you need to have the computer in your household on the homelot then  click on the computer in the pye menu click on houshold in the next pye menu -adopt i bought the computer, chair and desk and  just to adopt when the sim came back with the baby i sold the computer chair and desk

edit had chair in there twice in a row

Message 6 of 36 (236,864 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict    when i went to the library to use the computer the only option to show up was move no adopt menu, i hope that's not another bug

Message 7 of 36 (236,861 Views)

Hero

Ah, sorry my bad then.

It might not work since you're not at home. I haven't tried.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 36 (236,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You have to have a computer, then you click household, then adopt, but my baby wasn't there when I tried, sooo... Good luck!
Message 9 of 36 (233,926 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What's needed: (The Sims 3/4)
A computer, 1,000 simoleons and a family willing to adopt. You don't even need a bed ready for the baby/child! It's very simple, all you have to do is click on the computer, select "household..." And select "adopt for 1,000". Then after a few seconds a screen will come up where you can choose what child you want. Hope this worked!
Message 10 of 36 (228,911 Views)