Re: Sims 3 and 4, attracts Youtube LiveChat Audience

by mh2artist

Original Post

Sims 3 and 4, attracts Youtube LiveChat Audience

★ Novice

I'm not affiliated with either ( Origin or EA ) - Just a Consumer / Gameplayer - Fan.

What helped any Videogame Francise - is when curiosity seekers come and watch.

*** However, there's YOUTUBERS that know how to host a Chatroom. ( I don't know how that is done.)

There's grown adult men - that are so much into the CAS / Create-A-Sim aspect.

--- deep down, I'm a bit curious if anyone had to seek a Psychologist... having questions.

Still, the consideration applies: SIMS is very appealing to ALL AGES - and there's all kinds of opinions.

Perhaps, this participation level - is what makes SIMS, friendlier to use. vs. Second Life by Linden Labs.

(( as much as I liked the idea of - Their Worlds - )) 

Message 1 of 3 (511 Views)

Champion

@TimothGher, I've always felt that The Sims franchise has a little something for everybody! Party hat You would have to be a person who just abhors the concept of video games in general not to see some benefit in The Sims!   Just because the majority of Sims players might be teen girls (or whatever) doesn't mean that males or 40- somethings or even 80-soemthings don't play the game. Cool  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (346 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I agree with you, PugLove888. I see the Sims games as offering a variety of reasons for playing. Whether it's similar to playing dolls or house for some, it's also a way to envision how a community could look, or a persons future house or neighborhood, to a degree. Its a way for some people to create and tell stories. It's also a fantastic tool to use to be creative about building, like an architectural tool, or being creative in designing the Sims themselves.

I know I'm not the only one who spends hours creating both builds and Sims. I love to design various "characters" as well as communities within my game.

Also, the Sims offers a way to play the game as individually as you please, or go online and find people to converse with about the game and creations interactively.

I used to be a member of an online virtual reality (not Second Life,) and as fun and creative as that can be, a user is forced to interact with other users when questioned or interrupted, as those types of things are public forums and not games that we have complete control over, about whether or not players want to interact more socially. And the public forums of those types of virtual reality worlds generally do not allow one to design and create characters other than ones own avatar, (that I am aware of.)

Message 3 of 3 (329 Views)