Sims 3 VS Sims 4

by BRabb_BReal

Original Post

Sims 3 VS Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Does anyone miss the real life gaming of the Sims 3 like me?

we used to be able to interact with the babies more; for example: taking walks around the neighborhood in a stroller.

what about teaching your teenage sim to drive?

or something as simple as having my sim couple ACTUALLY dance together.

while I LOVE the sims franchise, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY miss the real life moments that the sims 3 game gave me.

anyone else out there feel the same?! 

😔😤😢

Message 1 of 2 (314 Views)

Re: Sims 3 VS Sims 4

Champion

@BRabb_BReal, yes, there are many who feel as you do.Wink  And dancing together should be something that they can give us Heart , I would think!  But as for teaching your teen to drive or taking your babies out in a stroller, there isn't a need for this since the TS4 world isn't an open world like the TS3 world was.  What is the point of teaching your teen to drive if you don't have a working car or an open world for them to drive in? WonderingConfused  There are ways in which a parent and child/teen can interact more and bond more with the Parenthood pack.  Working on projects with your young child or teen not only give a touch of realism and some bonding, it increases their grades and skills as well! Angel  There are also many real life improvements that TS4 has over TS3, most notably more than one person being able to use a staircase at a time, more realistic body placement when conversing with other Sims, and (my favorite) the ability to multitask! HeartParty hat I can have a Sim eat a meal, while watching TV and talking to other Sims all at the same time! Couldn't do that with TS3! Wink  And if they are watching the cooking channel, they can be gaining cooking skill as well! Cool

The Sims 4 can never be an open world since it wasn't designed that way.  They can add cars, but not without great difficulty since some neighborhoods (like Forgotten Hollow in the Vampires GP) don't even have roads!   And if they add cars, then it would pretty much be just for looks and a sense of realism since there isn't really any long roads to drive on like there was in TS3.  

But the main reason why TS4 wasn't made with an open world, is that a lot of computers couldn't handle the open world that TS3 had, especially as more and more packs got added on to it!  Disappointed  It was great in theory, but lousy in practice, unless you had a really good gaming computer. Teeth bared  My game had sooooo many pauses and not just of a few seconds or even a few miniutes -- no, it was more like pausing 20 to 45 min! Devil  Absolutely ridiculous.  If they can make an open world run better on lesser computers, then I'm all for an open world, but if they can't , then I don't want it because what good is an open world if you can't play your game?!? SickWondering

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (239 Views)