Re: Sim won’t change out of vampire outfit

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim won’t change out of vampire outfit

★★ Novice

So I made my sim yesterday and she is a vampire and has a boyfriend. (If that’s important) My sim went to the lounge one night for a contest and fed from someone, so she changed to her vampire outfit. She went home and went to sleep - in her vampire outfit. She woke up and was still in that outfit, so I tried to change her outfit. When I did this, it showed a random selection of the formal, pjs, party, etc clothes. I tried editing her is both full cas edit mode and not full case edit mode (with testing cheats on) and it showed her normal outfits, but when i clicked the check mark and got out of cas editing it showed her vampire outfit and random selection of other outfits. I also tried restarting origin, restarting the sims 4, shutting down my computer, and repairing the game.

Message 1 of 6 (1,693 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@bveIIa Sorry for your frustration. It sounds like you've done some great troubleshooting. A couple of things in addition that you may want to try is to remove any mods or cc and if that fixes the issue re-add them one at a time to see which is causing the issue. I am of the understanding that there are a number of mods that were anticipated to break with the patch last week. Another thing that I have occasionally resorted to that kind of 'knocked' a sim out of an issue was to move them out of the lot (save and exit game in-between) then back in. If that does not work you can move the entire household out and back in (save and exit game in-between).  If that doesn't work you cam move the sim out  (save and exit game in-between) then move them into a different household (alternatively even into a different world since occasional glitches have been world-specific). Unfortunately I do not play with mods, cc or vampires, so if there are additional dynamics/quirks to those aspects I may not know those. Personally those would be the first I would try after the ones you have already tried. You could also try repairing the game again after removing the mods/cc and possibly at different points in trying these ideas. Let me know if any of this helps, and maybe we can try other things. Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,657 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@bveIIa Sorry for your frustration. It sounds like you've done some great troubleshooting. A couple of things in addition that you may want to try is to remove any mods or cc and if that fixes the issue re-add them one at a time to see which is causing the issue. I am of the understanding that there are a number of mods that were anticipated to break with the patch last week. Another thing that I have occasionally resorted to that kind of 'knocked' a sim out of an issue was to move them out of the lot (save and exit game in-between) then back in. If that does not work you can move the entire household out and back in (save and exit game in-between).  If that doesn't work you cam move the sim out  (save and exit game in-between) then move them into a different household (alternatively even into a different world since occasional glitches have been world-specific). Unfortunately I do not play with mods, cc or vampires, so if there are additional dynamics/quirks to those aspects I may not know those. Personally those would be the first I would try after the ones you have already tried. You could also try repairing the game again after removing the mods/cc and possibly at different points in trying these ideas. Let me know if any of this helps, and maybe we can try other things. Standard smile

Message 2 of 6 (1,658 Views)

Champion

@bveIIa, I haven't played any of my Vampires since the patch last week, so I will go in a see if I get something similar, (which would indicate that this is a new bug).  But @SheriGR gave you some excellent things to try to fix your problem! Angel  Neither one of us plays with CC or Mods, but I do play with Vampires -- which leads me to ask if you tried the option to "Hide Dark Form" , and if so, what happened exactly? Wondering  That option is found by clicking on your Vampire and then going into the Vampire action menu; you will find it by the option for "Dark Meditation", that you use to restore your Vampire's energy.  

Please update us on what happens! Best of luck! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 6 (1,637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi! Thank you for your suggestions! I just tried moving her out with her household and back into her household and it fixed it. I still have an issue kind-of alike where some of my sims show random outfits where I can’t get rid of them, but they also show the outfits I made. Whenever my sim goes to sleep in seasons she changes into some random sleepwear, but then I can just change her out of it and into her designated sleepwear. I just thought that was strange. But at least I have the outfits this time! 

Message 4 of 6 (1,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@bveIIa I'm so glad that it worked! If you are finding so outfit glitching or other issues in that household/lot, it may be good to make a backup (so you could roll back the file if needed - I'll paste below how to do that) and then try moving the whole household out of the lot, save, exit the game, then go back in and move them back in. This may knock back the glitchy stuff going on for them on the lot. You could also try running a game repair before moving them back in. Anyway, I am so glad that your issue is fixed!! Standard smile Thank you for letting us know. (Knowing if things helped is what keeps us going Standard smile and feedback is awesome!) 

Sims 4 Game Backups: How & Why 
If you have a backup you can roll back to a date/version without the issue and not completely lose your game. Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. Right click on the file "The Sims 4", copy it. This file is your backup of your game saves, etc. You should save a copy of this folder occasionally in case your game or computer crashes. Save it to an external drive. That way you could add this folder into a fresh install and recover your lost game should you need to.

Anyway... once you have that file saved on your desktop or in a different file/location, you can then go in and do your changes, and if something breaks or you don't like the changes, you can then leave the game, go back to the root folder (Go to Documents > Electronic Arts), grab your saved "The Sims 4" file that you had saved from before the changes, and drop it right into the "Electronic Arts" folder (when prompted choose to replace not merge). Then when you go back into the game it should be back to before your changes.

Message 5 of 6 (1,580 Views)

Champion

@bveIIa, I'm so happy your problem is solved!  :eahigh_file:  Thanks @SheriGR for the suggestions!  Angel

Happy Simming, y'all! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 6 (1,567 Views)