Re: Sim not showing up in the emotion corner

by contentiousares

Original Post

Sim not showing up in the emotion corner

★★ Novice

I don't know if it's just me but my Sim doesn't show up in the emotions corner thingy or the place where you see all your Sims (if you have multiple) and I've had this problem ever since I downloaded this game.

Message 1 of 9 (4,415 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Do you have any mods/cc? I know the slice of life mod can mess up my toddlers when they get the insecure moodlet. Try removing your mods folder and starting up the game, and see if it still happens.

Message 2 of 9 (4,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you, I'll try it right now.

{Edit} sadly it still didn't work

Message 3 of 9 (4,382 Views)

Champion

@yeonkimininfires, the suggestion that @contentiousares gave you works better if you clean up the remnants of the outdated Mods and CC. To do that, do the following:

1) move the Mods folder to the desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging into Origin and going to your Library. From there right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the option to "Repair Game".  Wait until origin repairs all packs that you own and not just the base game.

4) Now when you turn on the game, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without Mods/CC.  

If you game works after doing all of this, then you know it was a Mod/CC problem.  Check with whoever made your Mods and CC and make sure to get new versions if they have created them yet.  It is the mods creators responsibility to keep up with EA's updates to the game, and it is your responsibility to check with the mods makers to get the updated versions and clear out the old version. Depending on how many mods and CC you have , this can be a lot of work Disappointed , which is why I don't use Mods/CC.  Embarrassed

If you need help sorting through your mods/CC to find the culprit, I can give you further instructions. Wink

Best of luck and Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 9 (4,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you and sorry for not replying to you sooner. Anyways, I'll try it now and I tell you if it worked or not.

It still doesn't work. I've tried everything but I don't know...

Message 5 of 9 (4,343 Views)

Champion

@yeonkimininfires, I'm asking some other helpers if they have experienced this or know anything about it (since I've never run into this before).Wink  I'm waiting on their replies.  Fingers crossed I'll get back to you as soon as we have something or think of something. Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 9 (4,328 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for you and the others' help! I really appreciate it! 😊

Message 7 of 9 (4,309 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm sorry if I sound a little annoying but have you gotten anything yet?

And also an edit, I got the game when it was on sale (free)

Message 8 of 9 (4,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@yeonkimininfires wrote:

I'm sorry if I sound a little annoying but have you gotten anything yet?

And also an edit, I got the game when it was on sale (free)

Unfortunately there is not always a quick answer. Time is required for investigation.
I did not see mention of whether you are playing on PC, Mac or console.
In the meantime I see you said tried the ideas suggested by @PugLove888  above but they did not work.
Maybe you would not mind going a bit further?
You could try to reinstall the base game and test it without any additional mods or custom content.

More tips:
Along with removing (not disabling) mods / cc the localthumbcache.package needs to be deleted.
Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 9 of 9 (4,243 Views)