Re: Sim in Social Media career but cannot update social media status or check in

by Marish01

Original Post

Sim in Social Media career but cannot update social media status or check in

★★★ Newbie
Hopefully this will be a quick fix as I would love to play this career! My sim is on level 2 of the career and cannot update social media or check in at venue. These options are not coming up on her phone or tablet. Help!
Message 1 of 20 (33,854 Views)

Re: Sim in Social Media career but cannot update social media status or check in

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (33,831 Views)

Hero

Tagging @nicola_brownie for further feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (33,807 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, I've removed all mods but it didn't help.

Message 4 of 20 (33,330 Views)

Hero

Have you tried repairing the game through Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (33,326 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes, I did.
Message 6 of 20 (33,320 Views)

Hero

Hi @Mugetto

Would you be willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name and a short description of the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (33,313 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue but not with the Social Media Career - my Sim is a stylist and her task is to go to the park or gym and check in... neither option comes up.  She can update social media or Simstagram but nothing else.  Guess she won't complete her work at home task today.  

I do not have any mods or custom content in my game.  I did a repair through origin and same issue. 

Message 8 of 20 (28,277 Views)

★★ Novice

It's very convoluted but you have to use the related 'interview' interaction. I figured it out by accident.

Message 9 of 20 (28,216 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
Correct. Thanks.
Message 10 of 20 (28,142 Views)