MSI GL62M Gaming Laptop
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GL62M-7RD-1407-Performance-SteelSeries/dp/B072QT88DG

- i5-7300HQ (2.5-3.1GHz)
- 8GB DDR4 System Memory
- GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5
- Hard Drive: 256GB SSD
* Can play Sims 4 w/all packs on high.
- Price: $679.00

Almost 1 1/2 year warranty if you register the laptop with MSI.
(1 year warranty without)
Mostly positive reviews.

The reasons why this one is sticking out to me as best -

Better warranty
Better reviews
I have a similar MSI laptop and I love it even though it's had issues (Bad USB port), we've had it repaired and it works really well.
An additional hard drive can be added. So you can add a 500GB or bigger SSD hard drive to it and keep the 256GB.

Message 81 of 180 (523 Views)

Re: Sims 4

★ Guide
So on the edge, if you were in my position, would you get that one? Just don’t want any issues, just hope to keep this laptop for the rest of high school and hopefully longer. That is about 9-10 if I want to go FAR pst high school. Seriously don’t even think I will add anything else, just wanted to be safe. Would YOU get that laptop? I like the others better but I want your opinion. :-)
Message 82 of 180 (513 Views)

★ Guide
Ok, have been looking at that computer. I do like it now, but still want your opinuon
Message 83 of 180 (502 Views)

★ Guide
Also saw it ha a loud fan, do you think thy would be annoying?
Message 84 of 180 (490 Views)

★★ Pro

My opinion is a bit-biased because I own an MSI and really enjoy it.

With knowing that, I'd go for the MSI. I can't promise that it will last 10 years. As you may need to upgrade before that depending on what types of games you like to play.

I really enjoy the screen on mine, and the turbo fan is very useful on hot days. It is loud, but I like it for background noise. I love that you can change and/or turn the keyboard light on/off. Some laptops you can't do that with.

Earlier today, I was looking over all 3 of them asking myself which would I get if I were looking for a new laptop. I kept going back to the MSI. I have the most confidence that the MSI will work best.

You're right, the Dell did have some negative reviews, it wasn't clear how long the warranty is on it. Some didn't like it's screen. The Asus is good, don't get me wrong, but there were things about it that made me say nope.

Which do you like better?

Message 85 of 180 (489 Views)

★★ Pro

I've heard the MSI laptops have loud fans. It's not really loud to me, but I have a fan going pretty much all day long that's louder than the MSI's fan.

It's turbo fan isn't that loud either, at least to me. You can definitely tell when it's on though.

Message 86 of 180 (485 Views)

★ Guide
Well, narrowing it down, the Asus I am kinda ehh about because the last Asus my sister has broke in like a month, and Dell is like a all around brand while the MSI is just focused on gaming pretty much. So I guess the MSI. The ONLY thing I am nervous about is the fan, do you think it would be annoying?
Message 87 of 180 (484 Views)

★ Guide
Can you turn the fan off?
Also does this one have a light up background? I didn’t think it did?
Message 88 of 180 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@maiya3694, we don't know what would be annoying to you, only what would be annoying to us! Wink  I don't think you can turn the fan off because your computer might overheat! Disappointed But in my opinion, I would take a loud fan any day, if it meant I was getting a reliable computer that could play my game well! Standard smile

@172e3cda00349872, thanks for helping Maiya3694 (and for educating us)!  A new computer is not something to buy on a whim, and you certainly have made this process easier for Maiya3694! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 89 of 180 (464 Views)

★ Guide
Yes! I agree 1000000 percent. Does it have a backdrop light? Not really a big thing but you said you can turn it on/off so does the one I’m looking at have it?
Message 90 of 180 (460 Views)