Shopping for a new computer

by maiya3694

Original Post

Re: Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I personally believe it is better for you to get a laptop that has an Intel core i5 at least, so that the game should run smoothly. However, I would always go for the highest number, so there may be less crashes and glitches. Plus, it is much cheaper than getting a desktop, and a laptop is much more portable and easy to use. The desktop is a bit more unreliable as it requires the CD's from the game to work, while a laptop only requires them once, and only to download them. I mean, the CD's for the game and expansion are very easy to lose, and the laptop, or the origin application, will save and keep the progress intact, once the game and expansion packs are downloaded, so for me the laptop is a much safer choice. Standard smile

Message 41 of 180 (529 Views)

Champion (Retired)

That is not correct a Laptop and a Desktop with similar specs will cost about the same. The big difference is that a Desktop can be easily upgraded were a laptop has very limited possibility for upgrading. 

Also it is untrue that a Desktop requires the DVDs (It does not come on CD) Once the Code is redeemed on Origin the DVDs are not required because the game can be installed thru Origin. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 42 of 180 (516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for telling me, it seems you know better than me. This helps me learn more. Standard smile

Message 43 of 180 (511 Views)

★ Guide
Ol, thabks I want this one the most. On a scale from 1-5 how good will it run the game? For your information I have all expansions and game packs and two stuff packs. All I would do on this laptop is play Sims 4 and torchlight 2 and also watch shows and videos. I download my sims games from origin and don’t have any gaming disks.
Thank you all so much ♥️

-maiya
Message 44 of 180 (491 Views)

★★ Pro

This is one that you've asked about before, earlier in the thread. It will play the game on high/ultra.

My main concern is the 256GB solid state hard drive seems to be the only hard drive in the system. This is a concern if you plan on having a lot of data files ( game saves, mods, cc, photos, game videos, etc.) plus other programs that might take up a lot of hard drive space.

Though you might be able to upgrade to a 500 GB solid state hard drive later though if you start running out of room, or putting less used data on an external hard drive.

Message 46 of 180 (506 Views)

★ Guide
Ok l, so if I don’t use mods and only have like 2-3 saves at atone it will be fine? And I know it is the one I posted before I just wanted a 1-5 estimate. And as I said I will only have those two games.
Message 47 of 180 (442 Views)

Champion (Retired)

With only the two mentioned games installed there will be room enough for school work and other stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 48 of 180 (416 Views)

★ Guide
Ok thnks I think I will get that one then, will till take a while thoigh
Message 49 of 180 (403 Views)

★ Guide
https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/9979473/Dell-Inspiron-15-5570-Laptop-156/?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google...

I know I have ended this discussion kinda so thnks if you reply AGAIN. I want the computer I posted earlier but I am looking for it cheaper on different websites. So is this the same computer???
Message 50 of 180 (345 Views)