Set as Head Cheat bug HELP!!!

by PandaNose

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Set as Head Cheat bug HELP!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I recently was playing and enabled cheats to improve the mood for the world, but instead set the door as head. It gave the child sim I was playing a ridiculous sized door as a head. Not a problem... Except I freaked and debugged the sim on a public lot. Now there is a huge door blocking the two chess tables at the park, and I have no way to delete them. Later I forgot about the cheat and accidently set the mailbox as the child's head. This time I debugged on property, but can't delete or sell the mail box. So now an oversized mailbox adjacent to my normal sized mailbox. I've already tried the move objects cheat, but it doesn't have the same properties as when it was used with the Sims3. 

Message 1 of 34 (78,718 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Set as Head Cheat bug HELP!!!

★★ Novice

It dosn't work, i have the same excact problem as him. To be honest your pretty muc screwd if you have this problem...Frown

View in thread

Message 9 of 34 (82,739 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I don't think this can be called a bug.

The main issue is that you can't delete the mail box (or no way has been found). As for the door, can't you go to buy mode and delete it ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (78,630 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I understand the mail box issue, but the door is on a public lot and therefore cannot be deleted in build/buy mode.
Message 3 of 34 (78,628 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PandaNose wrote:
I understand the mail box issue, but the door is on a public lot and therefore cannot be deleted in build/buy mode.

By "Public Lot" are referring to one of the large parks or one of the smaller parks in the "shared" area of a neighborhood?   If it is one of the large parks, you should be able to enter build/buy mode.   If it's in a public area, then you will need to use a debug cheat to move it on to an editable lot.   You should be able to enable testing cheats, shift click on it, and claim ownership, at which point you should be able to move it to a lot where you can delete it, in theory anyway.  I've used this method to get rid of stray items just outside my lot's borders in the past.   Not sure it will work for "build" objects though.

Message 4 of 34 (78,622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi yall Simmers!

I accidentally got the mailbox on my head too. After a few tries, I found out all I had to do was set something delete-able on my head to replace the mailbox, in your case the door too. Then reset the new head and delete it. DONE ^_^

If the mailbox/door is on the ground (even off your home lot) all you have to do is set it back on your head and follow the above solution. No Sweat!

Happy Simmers!

Message 5 of 34 (78,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Netguysteve wrote:

By "Public Lot" are referring to one of the large parks or one of the smaller parks in the "shared" area of a neighborhood?   If it is one of the large parks, you should be able to enter build/buy mode.   If it's in a public area, then you will need to use a debug cheat to move it on to an editable lot.   You should be able to enable testing cheats, shift click on it, and claim ownership, at which point you should be able to move it to a lot where you can delete it, in theory anyway.  I've used this method to get rid of stray items just outside my lot's borders in the past.   Not sure it will work for "build" objects though.

I tried what you suggested, but it's still there. The chest tables are no longer usuable, which isn't a big deal, but it is quite annoying.

Message 6 of 34 (78,317 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How do you set it back on the head tho???
Message 7 of 34 (77,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To get it back on their head you shift click on the object you wish to set as the head with the set as head mod/cheat on, then click set as head, then it should be back on. Then to get it back off just debug/reset sim

Message 8 of 34 (75,438 Views)

★★ Novice

It dosn't work, i have the same excact problem as him. To be honest your pretty muc screwd if you have this problem...Frown

Message 9 of 34 (82,740 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just reread your reply and now understand. The Door (Which is about 4-5x the size of a regular door) is in a park in a shared neighborhood. 

Message 10 of 34 (74,580 Views)