Re: Save question

by SheriGR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Save question

★ Apprentice

I just got Sims 4 so I'm playing catch up, I apologize in advance. I went through my original game ( Beaumont) to create a new family (McClellen) in the same "universe" bc I didn't want to re-place community lots again. The McClellen family is under a new save now and I save the Beaumont family before I even started this so when I open that game the McClellens are not there and in the McClellen game the Beaumonts are there and aging. My question quite simply is that ok to do? Do I need to start a whole new game and put all those lots down again? I can always go back and play my original family correct? I'm really just trying to avoid making the Simverse again. Thanks for any advice

Message 1 of 6 (284 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@epdaly11 Many players do just that - they save a new game for each household they play. You could also save the favorite homes/lots that you have to add to certain lots in your library and just add them to the new game to the new lot. If you wanted to make an identical copy of the game you are in and just do some changes in it for the new save, this is also possible. For instance...

I have a game save that I build in and it is my currently active game. Let's say I named this game save "Build Testing". If I loaded my main screen and clicked the big arrow it would load it, because it is the last game I was playing. But... if I want I can do the following...

• Click the big green play arrow to open my current game save...
  • ...then click the Options Menu (three blue dots) in the top right of the screen and select "Save As..."
  • ...now give this new game save a different name (in my example I could name it something like "Build testing 2") and save it by clicking the small blue save icon with the pencil by it, then 'save and exit'... 
  • ... now go to the Options Menu (three blue dots) in the top right of the screen and select 'Exit to Main Menu'...
  • ...Select "Load Game" and you will find your new game save there along with your other game saves.
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (240 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@epdaly11 You can save your sims into households in your library and then access them and download/place them in homes or lots in your new game save. You can also do this with lots from one of your saves to the other:

Hope this helps. Please let me know if I need to clarify any of this.

Message 2 of 6 (267 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Thank you so much for the helpful links! They were able to answer some of my questions but let me get your opinion on this- for each new household I make should I make a completely new "world" for each? (ie start a brand new game for each family) They are completely unrelated games and I'm really just trying to avoid placing community lots all over every time I start a new family.
I feel like I'm not explaining this well at all sorry.
I just want to use the same "universe" for all my saved games. Thank you for your patience lol
Message 3 of 6 (245 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@epdaly11 Many players do just that - they save a new game for each household they play. You could also save the favorite homes/lots that you have to add to certain lots in your library and just add them to the new game to the new lot. If you wanted to make an identical copy of the game you are in and just do some changes in it for the new save, this is also possible. For instance...

I have a game save that I build in and it is my currently active game. Let's say I named this game save "Build Testing". If I loaded my main screen and clicked the big arrow it would load it, because it is the last game I was playing. But... if I want I can do the following...

• Click the big green play arrow to open my current game save...
  • ...then click the Options Menu (three blue dots) in the top right of the screen and select "Save As..."
  • ...now give this new game save a different name (in my example I could name it something like "Build testing 2") and save it by clicking the small blue save icon with the pencil by it, then 'save and exit'... 
  • ... now go to the Options Menu (three blue dots) in the top right of the screen and select 'Exit to Main Menu'...
  • ...Select "Load Game" and you will find your new game save there along with your other game saves.

Message 4 of 6 (241 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh thank you so much!!! That is the best idea ever I appreciate it so much...and also duh should have thought of that lol thanks again!!!!

Message 5 of 6 (231 Views)

Champion

@epdaly11 I'm so happy this is what you were looking for, and I hope you have a lot of fun in your new 'sim worlds'! Standard smile Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 6 (220 Views)