Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Off-the-Grid lot trait

by goldenrosegames

Original Post

Re: Off The Grid Items

[ Edited ]
Champion

I think this would be a great addition to the feedback/suggestions area: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback

Edit: Thank you for merging here, @crinrict. Glad to know there is a post on off the grid here in information now that feedback is merged with us here. I will bookmark it. Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 31 (1,535 Views)

Re: Rambunctious Scamp aspiration cannot be completed on off-grid lots

Hero
@virtuosummer I merged your post with the suggestion thread for off-grid-living.

You can still do it so I Don't think it's a bug, it's just something that would be nice to have additionally.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 31 (1,519 Views)

Re: Wood-burning stove - only 2 recipes available?

Hero
@Kururu14 I merged your post with the off-the-grid feedback thread.

There's also a few bug reports in the bug forum for other aspects.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 31 (1,494 Views)

Re: Wood-burning stove - only 2 recipes available?

★★★★★ Novice

@Kururu14 wrote:

@Sid1701d9 wrote:
@Kururu14It is just bugs in the game code they should have really included a generator for electricity. If they Have I haven't seen it.

Thanks very much! I feel like off the grid cooking is completely broken... just noticed that when I try to get Cereal out of the fridge it says a microwave is required!

Not just cereal, either. My sim seems to think she also needs a microwave for milk, orange juice, yoghurt and water. (Apologies if this posts twice, I was getting an error message!)

Message 14 of 31 (1,452 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Off-Grid-Living: Brewing herbal remedies cancels out

★★ Novice
I'm adding this here... Saunas from Spa Day don't work on Off-the-Grid lots. Not sure if this is intentional, but real saunas are wood-heated, so IMO saunas should work off-grid.
Message 15 of 31 (1,432 Views)

Hero
@niinula I'm moving this to the off-grid suggestion thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 31 (1,397 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also feel like the OTG stove with logs underneath should have the ability to use the actual oven as well, not just the stovetop.

Message 17 of 31 (1,380 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I mean if they wanted to limit the options of what can be cooked with the gas I can understand that...though I think making it a wood stove would have not only been more realistic as off the grid...it would have made since to not get bills for it..cause you know...trees...regardless there are a lot of recipes limiting it to two out of how many is just...well it feels like they didn't even try I mean if your going to do that little why even try? It would have been less disappointing if there wasn't a stove at all really I think...

As for recipes I think a few better ways to limit it are:

Ingredients!

I mean maybe its just me but I already do this in my game (darn you marshmallows!) so I would have no problem with having to provide the ingredients to cook with.This would cut out a lot of recipes out all together. 

Making the stove Wood Burning is another way to limit things if you really want to, you can make it so the sims have to 'harvest' wood...which okay would be a big deal cause you'd have to make them be able to do this interaction and decide how, were, when, and all that fun stuff...

Another option is Making the Stove more difficult then a normal stove when off the grid and thus it take a longer time to level up the cooking skill when using it...and/or you have to add wood to it at regular intervals when using it (if you make it wood burning)

just some thoughts 'sigh'

Message 18 of 31 (1,359 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's be good if you had a version of the spa and hot tub that needed the "Volcanic Activity" lot perk to work.  That'd be wicked.

Message 19 of 31 (1,336 Views)

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Off-the-Grid lot trait

★★★★★ Apprentice

Going of off the gas stove problem, if you can cook with gas, you should be able to cook anything you can make on a stovetop, not just two items. It doesn’t make sense.

Message 20 of 31 (1,252 Views)