Re: Rewards not showing when taking Strangerville aspiration after quest start

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Rewards not showing when taking Strangerville aspiration after quest start

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I started the Strangerville story quest and then made my two sims quit their day jobs so they could look into it further. It was actually pretty great to have them work as a team to investigate clues together, etc, and then I realized there was a Strangerville aspiration that could award them points for the quest they were already doing. However, when I switched their Aspirations to the Strangerville Mystery....

Though they're on leg 3/4 of the quest (they opened the secret lab door and just got the scanner from the military), their aspiration chart shows that both of them are only at part 1 or 2--that they still need to gather 15 pieces of evidence and open the lab door.

Is there a way to make the game catch up to my actual progress in the game?

Also, does this mean that only one of my Sims will get the Hero of Strangerville reward, even though they were like Woodward and Bernstein from the start? (I made them Cecil and Carlos the Scientist from Welcome to Nightvale, natch.) Does the lack of reward in the in-game meter mean NEITHER of them will get recognized for completing the quest?

Pls to help!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (823 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Only one of them, the one of them that actually did the interactions, will get credit for it. It does not matter that the other tagged along. You can have the other do the individual tasks as well so they both eventually become heroes of strangerville. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (797 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Hey there, I don't know if it's a bug or what, but I was getting them both to do the individual tasks. However, once the second Sim finished getting to the next level, the first Sim (further along on the quest) lost all his progress! So he's back at the start! Should I move this to the bug/technical support request thread?
Message 3 of 4 (773 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Did he finish the Quest?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (759 Views)