Realm of Magic story not working.

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: Realm of Magic story not working.

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 My magical clone is also a spellcaster and already knows all the spells like my sim. But since she didn't have the inventory, she didn't have a wand or broom. I ended up giving her one of my spares. You tend to get a lot of them doing duels.
Message 11 of 15 (1,025 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i have the same issue i repair the game delete de CC and mods and i cant return de magic motes to any of the sages i just cant continue the story -.-' 

Message 12 of 15 (1,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@BaeSheep, it is best to do all of these steps in this order:

1) Move the mods folder to your Desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the Game Folder

3) Fix your game in Origin by logging into Origin and go to your Library and Right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the option to "Repair Game".  Wait for Origin to fix all your pack and not just the base game.

4), Now, when you turn on your game again it will create a new, empty mods folder.  Check to see if your game is now working without your mods/CC.

5) If you game is now working then you need to find the outdated Mod or item of CC.  It is possible that more than one will be outdated. To find the culprit(s), you will need to add all your Mods and CC back one at a time while checking your game to see when the problem shows up again. (If you have a lot of CC/Mods you might have to do the 50/50 Method).  When you find the broken Mods/CC you need to check back with the creator to see if and when they have a new version available that will work with the changes that EA made to the game with the patch and the new pack.

You will probably have to do this any time EA releases an update.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC makers to update their items, and it is the responsibility of the people who use those items to keep up with the newest versions.   

If the above doesn't work, you can try to re-install Realm of Magic.  It worked for @Psychotps ! :eahigh_file:  But since you play with Mods/CC I would do steps 1 - 5 first! Raised eyebrow  Please update us on your results!Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 15 (989 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@PugLove888 i fixed reinstalling the pack..... the CCs and mods i got were installed just this week so they were up to date
Message 14 of 15 (981 Views)

Champion

@BaeSheep, just keep in mind for the future that anytime EA issues an update to the game, there is a good chance some of your mods/CC will need to be updated as well, so keep in mind for next time all of the steps listed above!  Wink  

I'm very happy you got your game working! :eahigh_file:  Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 15 (971 Views)