Re: Realm of Magic is AMAZING!

by RogueToad16

Original Post

Realm of Magic is AMAZING!

★★ Apprentice

Been playing it since 8:00am this morning. Already built a cottage for my witch, reached level four in my book, mastered all potions and almost finished all 3 spell sectors!

And the familiars are adorable! I have a fairy, a flying bunny, a raven, a skull, an owl and the tiniest and cutest dragon ever!

Love the outfits, love the new items, cannot wait to continue the game! Really would love to see what other people think of this because the world of magic is extraordinary.

Applause for the creators! Standard smile

Message 1 of 17 (1,058 Views)

Champion

@RogueToad16, I've been having a good time with ROM as well! Party hat  Glad to know you feel the same! :eahigh_file:  What is your favorite part about it so far?Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 17 (1,023 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 Just looking at the world so far. It looks fantastic. Plus, looking for all the different wands, brooms and familiars is fun too, so it makes me want to go on a hunt for other objects. Standard smile
Message 3 of 17 (1,018 Views)

Champion

Yes, it does look fantastic! Heart  I also love to collect with my Sims, so I love this aspect of it! :eahigh_file: Party hatBut I got my game later than yours, so I haven't been able to investigate as much as I'd like to , at least not yet! Large smile

Message 4 of 17 (1,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@PugLove888  There ARE a lot of useful spells. Some I have no idea why they are there. Like Incinerate? I cast it once and started a fire on my lot. I'm not likely to use that ever again.

The gardening one isn't too useful right now.  It makes tending to plants easier, but you don't get any gardening skill doing it. Maybe after maxing Gardening... Same thing with Repairo. It repairs, but you don't get Handiness. One thing I LOVE about Repairo, is if you have a fire and burned up objects, you can cast Repairo on it and restore it without having to pay to replace. Nice!

My sim also hasn't showered in weeks. I just cast Scrubo all the time. It instantly cleanes my sim and increases magic also.

Message 5 of 17 (986 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps, I did the same thing! Oops I saw that you could use it on dirty dishes, so I thought I'd give it a try... first time my Sim caught on fire, but it went out shortly after it started.  It is possible that my familiar could have prevented my Sim from dying , but I don't know.  I don't recall any messages from the familiar about it.  The second time I tried it the dirty bowl caught on fire! It was easily extinguished and fortunately nothing else caught on fire! Large smile

My guess is that this spell could come in handy depending on how you play.Thinking  But not as useful as the needs potion, or the Scruberoo spell, or the ones that can bring your Sim back to life! Raised eyebrow:eahigh_file:

Update:  I forgot to say this, but I didn't know Repario could fix burned objects!  Thanks for the info! Standard smile

Message 6 of 17 (978 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 The only disappointing thing about Magic is you can't make any money at it. Well, maybe with Potions, I've just started my sim on Potion-making since I've maxed out all of Spells.

I'm itching to try some of the bigger spells. Like restoring Ghosts to life. Haven't had the opportunity yet.
Message 7 of 17 (974 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, there is a spell to copy objects (I assume it is rather like the cloning machine in Get to Work)… that would be a great way to make money!  Wink

Yes, I can't wait to see what the more advanced spells are like! Party hat  

Message 8 of 17 (970 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Well, it does save money. I didn't have my sim get a job 'cause I wanted to focus on Spells. I had her do the "Find odd job" thing for a while. One of them is the Make Kava thing. I hated having to buy the Kava bowl for $100 each time so I started using CopyPasto to duplicate it. Saves $100 each time.

I suppose I could find an expensive small object and keep duplicating it, and selling them.
Message 9 of 17 (967 Views)

Champion

Yes, that was my idea as well. :eahigh_file:  I was thinking like one of the more expensive crystals or metals, MySims Trophies, or fossils, etc. I don't' know if you can copy paintings but if you can , and your Sim makes a masterpiece, it could be highly profitable! Party hat

Message 10 of 17 (955 Views)