Realm of Magic - Other spellcasters don't have familiars

by Ayselle

Original Post

Realm of Magic - Other spellcasters don't have familiars

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

When the trailer for the game showed the magical realm it showed another spellcaster walking around with a familiar, and the game makes it sound like familiar are a very intrinsic part of spellcaster life.

Yet when you're in the magical realm you are the only one with a familiar.   No one else summons theirs or has them for duels ir anything.  

I know it seems like a small detail, and may be it was done so it didn't cause issues for those running the game with minimum specs, but this really kills some of the immersion for me.  

This, combined with every townie we've known in the past suddenly discovering magic (there's a mod to stop this now though). 

I thought that everyone would have their familiar following them around, at least when in the magic realm. If my sim is the only one that has one, it just seems out of place...

Message 1 of 4 (798 Views)

Re: Realm of Magic - Other spellcasters don't have familiars

Champion

@Ayselle, I noticed that too.Raised eyebrow  It doesn't bother me too much though.  And I think you are right that it is probably done that way so people with less robust computers and those running their game at minimum specs can still play the game. Wink  

I don't know if you play rotationally or not... I don't usually, and haven't' tried it with ROM yet.  But I wonder if you play one household with a familiar and then switch to another household, would you then be able to see the familiars from your first household ? Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@PugLove888The familiars seems to go back to the void when you play other households. When I come back to a household, after playing with another household, the familiars aren’t present. I hope they fix this, because when only one household can have their familiars present it takes away a lot of the magical feeling.

Message 3 of 4 (758 Views)

Champion

@SqueamishNerd, thanks for informing us of that! Cool I rarely play rotationally, and always forget to test it in my game! Embarrassed  Too bad they don't show up even in families in a same save game that your aren't playing at the moment.  Frown 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (739 Views)