Realm of Magic Hopes

by MonkeyButts99

Original Post

Realm of Magic Hopes

★★★ Apprentice

Is anyone else a bit underjoyed that Realm of Magic won't have werewolves( the lycanthropy curse ) and that the closet thing we get to faeries are familiars? What do you all wish Realm of Magic had? And how would you propose that the developers add it to the game or Realm of magic.

Wouldn't a shapeshifter  lifestate be cool?

Message 1 of 9 (519 Views)

Re: Realm of Magic Hopes

Champion

@MonkeyButts99, I really wanted fairies too!Frown  But part of me is glad that they didn't include other supernatural types since we would have just ended up with watered-down versions of each one.  At least witches/wizards will be more in-depth like Vampires were in their own pack! Wink  I understand that this means there is a risk of not ever getting werewolves or fairies, but it also means that if they make packs for those, there is more of a chance for them to get in depth treatment. 

Shapeshifters would look impressive , I would think, but they might be more difficult to make since they would have many different forms.  The thing I want most are fairies.  Werewolves and Zombies are popular so I think we should have those also, but the Zombies would have to be more like the ones from TS2, because the ones from TS3 were a nuisance! ShockedDisappointed  I enjoyed the Zombies from TS2. They were quite funny! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 9 (496 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 I'm not too optimistic about this pack. I REALLY hated witches in Sims 2. They were annoying as heck.

Wondering if they made it any different. But it looks to be a LOT like the vampires pack. Witch battles like the vampire battles, probably the whole weird perk system also, witch masters like vampire masters...

I'm just more excited about the clothing, hair, and build options. As well as having a new world to re-design.
Message 3 of 9 (466 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, I know plenty of people who don't even like supernatural Sims who just buy the packs for the CAS and Build/Buy Mode objects! :eahigh_file:  I prefer any look 100 or more years old anyway.. I like some modern in my game, but If I had to choose one style, it would be Victorian! Heart  But it really just depends on the Sims I create and what I think would fit their personalities.

I don't see how having a perk system though is a bad thing, though. Wondering I rather like choosing abilities and disabilities for my Sims based on their story. Wink  My favorite "witches" were in TS1.. They weren't really witches though, but Sims with experience in magic skill.  The Makin' Magic pack was fantastic! Party hat  I didn't like the magic in TS2 or in TS3 as much as TS1.  Large smile

And while TS2 witches might have been annoying, they weren't' as annoying as TS3 Zombies! Large smileWink

Message 4 of 9 (455 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Oh god, you're right about that. TS3 zombies were totally annoying. You couldn't turn them off!

One of my favorite things about Vampires was the old timey victorian and dark goth themed clothes and objects.

I liked the perks in vampires also 'cause you didn't have to go "up the tree" like in Get Famous. Just picked what you like. The quirks weren't so bad, there were always some that were easy to deal with.
Message 5 of 9 (436 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, yes, I don't think anyone liked the TS3 Zombies!  OopsLarge smile  I went from loving them in TS2 to hating them in TS3.  (I guess the TS3 ones were more realistic, in that I think if Zombies were real they would be relentlessly annoying at the very least! DisappointedLarge smile )

While I understand that sometimes making a toggle to turn on and off certain aspects of the game is more complicated than it sounds, I do think that most supernaturals should have that option because so many people either only want them in limited capacity for certain stories, or else they don't really want the supernatural Sims but they do want their Build/Buy and CAS items!  Raised eyebrow  Which is also why even if you don't play with being a star much in Get Famous, it is still worth is for some of the costumes.  

I agree that I like the freedom of the Vampires Strengths  and Weaknesses better than the GF Perks and Quirks tier!  But at least they didn't make a carbon copy.  Wink  I really like how I can have 2 Vampires with totally different characteristics.  This is especially important when we don't have enough Personality Trait slots to begin with our regular Sims!  That is one thing I really did like better about TS3 was that we got to pick more Personality traits.Cool  This is especially apparent with children. Children don' have enough variety in their personalities.  Frown

Message 6 of 9 (422 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MonkeyButts99 I was a little curious and surprised that they weren't adding werewolves in honestly, but I think this singular pack is a good opening into something new. Standard smile
The world of witches, warlocks and magic looks amazing a complicated (in a good way). So hopefully it is enough to satisfy the creative mind and focus on any great challenges in store. Throwing werewolves and fairies in now is going to be just a mess. XD
Message 7 of 9 (410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@PugLove888 {Deleted because Pug didn't like my wording}

Message 8 of 9 (394 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, I'm sorry but I don't agree that Vampires were like Strangerville. Raised eyebrow Vampires are have a lot more replay value IMHO. Playing as a good vampire that gets guilty from drinking from other Sims is different than playing an evil vampire who compels others for drinks is very different gameplay.  Not to mention the different gameplay of having one vampire with total sun resistance, versus another one who is even more sensitive to sun than the average vampire.  I find that the Powers and Weaknesses make for varying gameplay. Standard smile  Also, the fact that there is no story already in place for us lets us make our own stories.  With Strangerville, even though it was a lot of fun solving the mystery Party hat, there isn't much room for your own story line because it is already provided for you. Frown

Message 9 of 9 (383 Views)