Random sims wearing my sim's exact outfits on home lot

by liyanaido

Original Post

Random sims wearing my sim's exact outfits on home lot

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite sims to your home lot, or if living in a penthouse like my sims, wait for sims to show up inside the apartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some of the sims not in your family who come to your home lot, whether invited or not, will be wearing one of your sim's exact outfits.
What do you expect to see? First I hosted a party, and one of the female guests showed up wearing one of my female sim's exact everyday outfits that she wasn't currently wearing. A few days later, a random sim showed up inside my penthouse wearing another one of my female sim's exact everyday outfits. I know these outfits were not randomized because they matched my sim's outfits exactly, down to the accessories.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after I recently updated my game and installed Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, and Romantic Garden Stuff.

Random and weird bug!

Message 1 of 4 (8,392 Views)

Re: Random sims wearing my sim's exact outfits on home lot

★★★★ Guide

This is not a bug and is part of the highest level of the stylist career because it came to the base game, you have better control over it with the Get Famous expansion pack though.

There are two high levels style influencer and stylist.  Both at high levels will spawn random sims in the style you likely wear.

Message 2 of 4 (8,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @liyanaido 

moved your post to game info.

Is your Sim in the Stylst career at all ?

It can also happen for Get Famous if you choose a brand.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (8,345 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I had sims show up in my sim’s exact outfit on her lot when my sim got the ‘Trailblazer’ perk that requires your sim to be a four star celebrity. I originally thought it was a glitch too, and generally avoid that perk since I’m not a fan of others wearing my sim’s exact same outfit. I did think from the description that they would be in a similar outfit (perhaps same one with different colours), but for me it was the exact same outfit when it happened. One of the sims was in my household so I had her change and I believe I asked to see an outfit for the other Simon e I realized what was going on. 🙂

Part of the description of the Trailblazer perk reads as ‘other Sims will also start to notice (your sim’s’) outfit.  Don’t be surprised to spot Sims aping their style, and strutting through the streets in similar stuff’

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 4 of 4 (8,302 Views)