Re: Random Sims in restaurant

by stbnchristine

Original Post

Random Sims in restaurant

★★★ Novice

There are random Sims in my restaurant (not guests and not staff) who sit and eat food that guests have wandered away from, take up chair space and talk to the guests (which means the guests spend longer in the restaurant, so I can't serve as many guests in one day, so less money is earned) and one of them keeps kicking over my bin for some reason. Is there a way to get rid of them? I tried greeting them hoping that after that there would be an "ask to leave" option since I own the restaurant but there wasn't one. Can anyone help? I don't even know why they came in in the first place.

Message 1 of 5 (1,188 Views)

★ Guide

Ah, the curse of the townies. The game auto generates Sims which are not in any household or played by you. Many are created and they are dressed randomly which means with zero taste. You can manage households from the world view before you choose one to play. Top left corner, icon looks like two people and a pencil. If you click on the unplayed tab and make sure to select those not in world you will see them all. You can click on the red x on the top left corner of each to delete. It will take awhile and there is no faster way. 

The game will continue to generate them but this this gives you a reprieve from 100s running around. I will be honest with you that even the best mods out there do not stop this; they only make it manageable  so don’t be fooled that you can get completely rid of them. If you would like some more information I can tell you how I manage them. Others may have found different solutions. 

This promises to be an enlightening thread. I hope more join in the conversation. 

Message 2 of 5 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks for the advice, I think I will try this next time I play (probably this evening). I hope it helps!!
Message 3 of 5 (1,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@greasiest-pizza I have owned and run restaurants (and retail stores) with a number of my sim households and the townies can be a random hassle here and there, but mainly they are fine.  If someone is being obnoxious and are not a customer, there may be something up with them. I have here and there found a townie with an unwanted trait. Pick your battles. For me, they are I draw a few lines:

• If they won't leave and are causing trouble, hunt them down. Hover over them and write down their name. Find them in households. If they have a trait I won't put up with (klepto, evil, mean, vampire, etc - something you are not willing to deal with if they keep coming to your restaurant or retail store), delete them. 
  • If you want to be nice but don't want to have it continue, fo in through the other sim in the game and have them leave the restaurant. 

Well... those are a couple options. I have dealt with a few doozies, and even brawled with a few (which rarely makes them leave, unfortunately. I haven't had that issue for a while, but maybe because I cleaned out some of the rascals. Hahaha...

Have fun with the naughty kids who throw paint on the floor every ime they come right in front of their moron parents that don't stop them, but that one's the cost of doing business, imho... Wink

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 5 (1,047 Views)

★ Guide

:eahigh_file:I always enjoy hearing the different ways people play the game. One of the coolest things about The Sims is that you can do exactly what you want in such a wide variety of ways. I view my game as a group of intertwined stories. So it is important for me to see my Sims at venues allowing for them to more naturally develop relationships. All of the extra townies just get in the way and keep my played Sims from showing up. I purge them. Lol then my peeps are around more. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,014 Views)