Original Post

Accepted Solution

Question about Get to Work Career with Career Hopper Perk

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Have all except for Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet, Fitness and Spooky stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have 2 5 star celebrity sims and both have this career hopper perk. R sim has been promoted every single day in Entertainer which is the sims 4 base game career. This guy got promoted after only 2 hrs working at work. Because it was only 2 hrs work time left when I activated this R sim. I sent him to work for 2 hrs, then he got promoted. I was so happy with this perk. J sim was working for acting job but this time he changed to science career. I followed him to science lab everyday but it didn't let him get promoted. Not sure it's supposed not to work for Get to Work career. I have another J sim is working for Detective but he is only B lister and doesn't have this perk, so I can't compare.
What happens when the bug occurs? He doesn't get promoted everyday at science career.
What do you expect to see? I just want to know it's a bug or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure it's a bug or not. I just want to know normally  this career hopper perk doesn't support Get to Work career or not. It took 3 days to get promoted from 4 to 5. He started his science career at 4 as he is having connection reward trait. 

Message 1 of 9 (2,583 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Question about Get to Work Career with Career Hopper Perk

Community Manager (retired)

@aodoherty I can confirm that the career hopper perk is supposed to work for every career, including the active careers. However, all the perk does is double your work performance gain, and there may be other factors/requirements affecting the rate at which you get promoted. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (2,504 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @aodoherty

as you're unsure how it's supposed to work, I'm moving this to game info for now. Maybe someone else can describe their experience to see if they also get promoted every day. I haven't tried this perk myself so I don't know.

Trying to get some info as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,548 Views)

★★ Pro
Thank you.Standard smile
Message 3 of 9 (2,535 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@aodoherty
In the career of a scientist, in order to get a promotion, you need to work at least 2 days. Sometimes even three or five. .
This is because the promotion here also depends on the level of logic, gardening and even depends on the knowledge of the level of cosmic science. You have to learn hidden skills also - like making potions, and inventing a few things
Message 4 of 9 (2,528 Views)

★★ Pro
@kreatora

This is the good point I missed about scientist career. Thank you. Skills are ok. He completed most of the sims 4 skills. but the last bit makes sense to me. My sim doesn't have the knowledge of any serums stuff. Then maybe do you think this career hopper won't support the get to work careers? For doctor, the sim needs to learn about diagnosis and detective needs to learn how to find the suspects and interrogate them. I'm just curious Standard smile
Message 5 of 9 (2,520 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@aodoherty I can confirm that the career hopper perk is supposed to work for every career, including the active careers. However, all the perk does is double your work performance gain, and there may be other factors/requirements affecting the rate at which you get promoted. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 9 (2,505 Views)

★ Guide

The science career is my favorite! Well I sure am enjoying acting but science is so much fun. I have 4 scientist households  Each if them specializes in a field, astroscience, botany, geo science, marine biology. Promotions lean heavily on work performance and completing tasks as wells as skill levels. With that being said your lab experience leans heavily on what you choose to do. My astro physist choose to do all of the alien type tasks: zapping people, meeting aliens etc. my earthbound scientists kept following the single available tasks which were not alien related and eventually the other worldly ones quit showing up. Consequently they lead very normal lives at home and work. 

You don’t have to be proficient in say making potions and/or any specific task to be promoted. You will have to do a little of each to complete daily requirements. But my sims tend to focus on what I want them to do. After reaching the top of the field I don’t pay attention to the tasks at all. 

I don’t know about the career hopper trait but thought you might enjoy some insight into the daily task requirements as they do play into job performance as well as promotions. 

Message 7 of 9 (2,493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Yes as far as I remember, R sim got promoted everyday at the entertainer career. Now he got back to acting career and he is rehired from Silver screen icon which he used to be as an actor before. Thanks. I just needed the exact information about the career hopper perk. :D I'm still satisfied it takes a couple of days to get promoted. I just wanted to know it supports the get to work career or not. My J sim has been very old since he was born in cas in 2016, so he might be a bit bugged. Thanks. Wink

Message 8 of 9 (2,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@stbnchristine

Recently, I found it takes 2-3 days my J sim get promoted in science career. Its' the same to join and activate the science lab, or just send him alone as I had to look after the alien toddler at home lot. But if he doesn't do the breakthrough things, his daily tasks, then he doesn't get promoted in 3 days, it can take 4 to 5 days until he has done it. He doesn't learn any serum things since I sent him alone for a whole week, but it's the same. Yes he also become focused all the time while working in science lab. I always carry the cereberries which is focusing berries, and he eats and become focused whenever he needs but it didn't let him get promoted until he completes his daily tasks.

Message 9 of 9 (2,464 Views)