Re: Problem with virtual computer in The Sims 4

by SheriGR

Original Post

Problem with virtual computer in The Sims 4

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I have a problem with giving orders to my Sim. I try to do any interaction with the virtual computer but he tried to say that he cannot do that because (If I interpreted correctly) of not having enough space. I bought a chair next to the computer and he could sit on the chair but the aftermath was the same 

Message 1 of 6 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KenjiBurrito For your sim to use the computer it will need to be placed on a surface that will accept it with no blocking items for access, plus will need the type of chair the sim can use at that surface placed directly in front of it - so the sim can sit right in front of it and use the computer. Make sure you don't force-place the chair/stool or the computer let both items snap right to the placement that the game will accept. (And don't adjust or drag them sit alt/option.) 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (522 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

May I send you a video via e-mail? I think it'll explain the problem because the forum doesn't allow to send because of the size

Message 3 of 6 (518 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KenjiBurrito If the video is too large to use the forum/profiles video area, you can upload the video to YouTube or similar and post a link. Do you have a screenshot? Also, I added a bit of info to my first post if you would like to make sure you saw that. Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxE6PJJ5H_4&feature=youtu.be

And I bought the chair for him and he could sit normally next to the computer, but he can't just run the computer

Message 5 of 6 (511 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KenjiBurrito Thank you for providing the video. I have viewed your video. For your sim to use the computer it will need to be placed on a surface that will accept it with no blocking items for access, plus will need the type of chair the sim can use at that surface placed directly in front of it - so the sim can sit right in front of it and use the computer. Make sure you don't force-place the chair/stool or the computer let both items snap right to the placement that the game will accept. (And don't adjust or drag them sit alt/option.) 

https://youtu.be/UVtjFLM4Sr8

Message 6 of 6 (497 Views)