Problem with household gallery photo with Cats and Dogs expansion

by maertren

Original Post

Problem with household gallery photo with Cats and Dogs expansion

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a sims house with 2 sims and 1 cat. the cat should belong and be held by character A, but it's being held by character B on every gallery photo, there is not one allowing char A to hold his pet.
  I was told it's because I added character B to the household first, so the cat is automatically his and that there is a way to fix that by somehow saving the character B in CAS, deleting him in CAS and adding him back, but I probably did something wrong and when I added character B back, the cat again was his.

Is there any other way to fix the 'possesion' of the cat, reverse the sims on the photo or could someone guide me through the process in CAS I falied at (would pefer any other option, cause I don't want to loose the relationship my 2 sims already have) Maybe it's a stupid issue, but it really bugs me. Thank you

Message 1 of 5 (550 Views)

Re: Problem with household gallery photo with Cats and Dogs expansion

[ Edited ]
Champion

@maertren You could try splitting the household and leaving the cat in the household with the sim you want to 'own' it, save, then re-add the other sim and save again. This should not cause relationship decay if you are not playing them in-between. Just save them at each stage of the household split then household merge.
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/splitting-and-merging

Let us know how it goes!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately for some reason it seems that no matter to where I split the household and save sim B, the second I add him back in everything falls back in a place like it was before, he goes back to being the sim #1.
The only solution that i made work was making a CAS copy of the B sim, deleting the 'original' B sim from the household and adding a new sim B in. That changed 'ownership' and the photo, probably because the sim finally registered as being made after sim A. But it does destroy their relationships and all the skills sim B built overtime, so I went back to previous save for now. is there possibly another solution? Even if not I still appreciate the quick reply i got, thank you

Message 3 of 5 (512 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@maertren Weird. I have tried all combinations and splits, including:

• saving the pet with a random sim to the library and deleting their household from the save
  • then saving the couple (man and woman - the man is the one that is always holding the dog) household to the library and deleting them from my save
  • then re-downloading the two households by placing from my library and evicting each into my save
  • then splitting the couple (man/woman) within the save
  • then added the pet with the woman sim (the one that was not holding him in the pics)
  • and re-adding the man sim, and he was back holding the dog!

I even re-did this whole thing in a new save with the same result!

Wow. Seems way easier to mess up non-pet sims relationships!! Nothing I tried was stopping the man sim from being the one who held the dog. Thinking

I will ask some other helpers if they have suggestions. If I find out any other ideas I will post them here. 

Message 4 of 5 (501 Views)

Champion

@maertren Well, in the end we came up with no other suggestions... except to mention that there are Mods/CC out there for posing, so I suppose you could pursue something like that if it's very important to you. Good luck, and let us know if there are other things you need help with in the future.

Coffee cup If we were able to help …. awesome! That’s what we’re here for!
•  Accept As Solution – if a comment answered your question

•  Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post has this button
•  XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')

Message 5 of 5 (485 Views)