Please open this

by zakapotato

Original Post

Please open this

★★ Newbie

Please make sims more interactive !! For example,, they should be able to drive, we should be able to go to school with them, be able to go trick or treating with them, etc. I’m sure many more people would enjoy playing the game if it became more interactive. Please consider it. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 14 (591 Views)

Re: Please open this

@zakapotato  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 General Discussion and Feedback section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 14 (581 Views)

Champion

@zakapotato, the Sims 4 is already an interactive game.  It might not be in every capacity, but it still qualifies as interactive in that you get to make decisions for your Sims and with the exception of school and most jobs , you get to follow them around wherever they go and click on things for them to interact with. Many people enjoy playing the game as it is -- I think you meant to say they would enjoy it more than they already do if they added these features. Wink

I love school and actually miss it in real life (but I love learning)! Heart  So, I would love a pack that had us be able to go to school with our Sims , either a University pack or a education pack that included young kids and following them about their school day! :eahigh_file: However, many people find real-life school boring, so they might not want a pack like that.  Confused  I think a University pack or a boarding school pack would be more fun than a regular public school pack because there is more leisure time at these types of schools.  And there is the real possibility that EA is planning to make University (and might already be working on it!)  This is just speculation, but I think it is very probable since there were University packs for both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, and they were very popular!Party hat  It is one of the most requested pack that other versions of the Sims had, that TS4 still hasn't gotten yet.  That makes me think that we will get it sooner or later! Angel

Cars are a lot more difficult. TS4 has a totally different engine than TS3.  TS3 had an open world and TS4 doesn't because the open world in TS3 would cause most people's computers to run incredibly slow and even stop completely or even crash! Angry  Sim Gurus have stated that TS4 will not be getting an open world.  And without an open world there isn't' much point in cars.Sick  They could put them in like they did with TS2 which didn't have an open world either... but Sims would just get into their cars and pull out of the driveway and disappear into a loading screen -- I don't think that is what most people want when they talk about wanting cars in TS4.Disappointed  So, if we get cars, you might be very disappointed with the results! Raised eyebrow

There is a trick or treating holiday with the Seasons EP, but you have to set it up on your calendar yourself.  I haven't tried it yet because I always forget to create it on the calendar. Embarrassed  I don't know how involved it is , but if I can test it if you want me to! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 14 (562 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 We may not be getting an open world in TS4, but if a lot of people like @zakapotato request it, maybe they'll find a way to incorporate it into the next game without compromising game integrity like in TS3.
Message 4 of 14 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps, yes, I agree! In fact I've been stating that very same thing for yearsLarge smile

I just know though, that some people aren't that patient as you might be and I don't want them to expect requests, even popular ones, to be incorporated into TS4, unless it seems like a request that would actually work with TS4's framework. Angel

Message 5 of 14 (527 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Well, like I mentioned elsewhere, I'm a programmer and systems analyst. I know very well how some things like that work. No sense demanding it in TS4 'cause it just ain't gonna happen. It would require a complete re-design of the entire core of the game. It's far too late to do it in 4, but if they are just in the concept stages of TS5 now, this is the PERFECT time to mention what we want.
Message 6 of 14 (509 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, that might be why they changed the title of this section of the AHQ forums from "Game Information" to "General Discussion and Feedback".  Wink  More feedback to make TS5 more likely to fit what players want. Cool

I'm all for feedback, but I've been helping here for several years and it changes the dynamic of this section .  It used to be more about solving problems other Simmers have.  Now it is more chit-chat and wish lists.  Don't get me wrong, I love chatting about the Sims, especially with fellow players! Party hat.  But I love helping people more! Heart  But now I feel that chatting isn't much help, and I can't fulfill a Wishlist since I don't work for EA.Confused  (These forums are supposed to be "Answers HQ", after all! Angel ) So, I'm a bit disappointed … I think they should have kept the General Information section and added on the Discussion and Feedback section! :ealight_bulk:  As it is, not only is it difficult to help people if they post stuff that doesn't need help, it hurts people when they actually do need help because their questions get buried further down the page or even onto the previous page, in favor of a wishlist and chatting. Frown  If they would have kept the old section and added the new one, then I think more people could get the help they need, and still have the space allotted to suggestions! Wink

Message 7 of 14 (497 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 I'm very similar. I am an analyst after all. Figuring out problems is what I like to do. And I'm good at it. It's why I'm shying away from Reddit. Reddit's full of kids trying to get upvotes by posting pretty pictures and trying to start memes. Hardly any decent problems to sink my brain into.
Message 8 of 14 (492 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, I agree! Standard smile I do like to see other's pictures, but my favorite ones are humorous rather than pretty! Large smile A long time ago I worked in retail, and I treat volunteering here as a retail job (that I do pro bono, much to my husband's dismay Embarrassed )  I am not that tech savvy so I don't help much at all on the Technical Issues section … that always left Game Information for me to help with, but sadly I find less to help with here than I used to, due to the changes. Disappointed

Yes! Problems can be like puzzles and can be fun to figure out (not always, but often enough! Large smile )  And helping other people get the most out of a game you love, so that they can love it too is always a win/win situation! :eahigh_file:

Message 9 of 14 (478 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 I really should spend more time over there. I'm extremely technical.
Message 10 of 14 (459 Views)