Plasma tree issues

by SisterGloomy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Plasma tree issues

★★ Guide

I've been wondering for awhile how you make that tree produce more than 3 fruits. Or any other plant for that matter. The plasma fruit tree behind Vladislaus's house carry many fruits. So why can't the ones you plant produce that much?
Or am I having a bug?

Message 1 of 11 (2,362 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plasma tree issues

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SisterGloomy, Thank you for clearing that up about how you were using a save game from before Seasons! :eahigh_file:  That makes a lot more sense. Angel Also thank you for clarifying that you always delete the localthumbcache.package file everytime! :eahigh_file:  A lot of people don't do this and then still have problems! Disappointed

I agree that the plasma trees don't look as nice with only 3 fruits! Frown This is especially noticeable since the trees are rather large! Raised eyebrow

I don't think there is anything wrong with your game that you would have to worry about.  It is either a bug or by design.   (I'll admit that if it is by design, it is a strange choice! Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (2,241 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@SisterGloomy, while I haven't tested it could be related to the quality of the plant.  Have you fertilized and evolved your plasma trees?  What quality level are they at?Wondering

Also, do you play with any Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering

Message 2 of 11 (2,357 Views)

★★ Guide
@PugLove888 I've been having this issues for very long now. Don't have any mods or cc that would disturb plants. Quality is perfect btw. :/ When I've been looking up picture of that tree I see that some other people are also only having 3 fruits on it.
Might be a problem with old saves then? Gonna see what happens when I start a new one.
Message 3 of 11 (2,351 Views)

★★ Guide
@PugLove888 A new world with no mods have the same problem. But now all wild plants also produce only 3 fruit etc.
Message 4 of 11 (2,334 Views)

Champion

@SisterGloomy, thanks for checking!  It could have been changed at some point (perhaps the garden patch we got before Seasons came out?)  What about the plasma tree by the fishing sign behind and off to the side of the Vatore's house?  Does it only have 3 fruits too, or is it like the one by Vlad's house and has more fruit? Wondering 

In the meantime, I have several plasma trees in different save games.  I will test some of them to check how many fruits they give to see if its the same in my game.Thinking I don't know how long that will take since I have some real life stuff I need to do now, plus I will have to look into more than one save game and/or lot.  But I will get back to you soon!

Also, just because you don't have any Mods or CC that would seemingly disturb plants, you never know with Mods or CC how they can affect your game!Raised eyebrow  I've seen people with just CC eyelashes that actually affected how their Sims behaved! ShockedLarge smile  We also just had several updates to the game in the past month, and any time EA releases a patch/update to the game, there is a chance that it can affect Mods/CC.  It is always good practice to check with the mods/CC makers to see if they have any updates, and replace any outdated CC/Mods with the updated versions of them.  

In the future, if your game starts having problems it is always good to check for Mods/CC being outdated (if only to rule out that possibility)! 

To check if any of your Mods/CC is causing the problem please do all of the following:

1) Move the mods folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix the game in Origin by logging in to Origin and going into your Library and Right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the option to "Repair Game". Wait for Origin to fix all your packs, not just your base game. 

4) When you now turn on your game it will create a new , empty Mods folder.  Check you game to see if you stil have the problem with out mods. If the problem is gone you will need to add back your Mods/CC one at a time and check your game each time until the problem shows up again (If you have a lot of CC items you might need to do the 50/50 Method.) 

5) Replace any outdated Mod or CC with the new version when it becomes available. 

Message 5 of 11 (2,326 Views)

★★ Guide
@PugLove888 As I wrote. All wild plants in forgotten hollow only produce 3 fruit/flowers etc. And everything I plant also only produce 3. And this is on a new save, random new sims, no mods or cc.
Message 6 of 11 (2,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SisterGloomy, sorry about that, but sometimes deleting the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder is necessary as well, after you remove your mods folder, because that file sometimes holds on to bits of Mods or corrupted data. Raised eyebrow (Sometimes it doesn't help, but I wouldn't want to assume you deleted that file only to find out you didn't . This is the best way we know of to rule out any old Mods/CC interference that sometimes happens.  At least if you delete that file we can rule it out as a possible cause! Angel  )

I’m also sorry about asking about the plasma tree behind the Vatore’s by the pond.  Since you stated that the one behind Vlad’s house gives much more than 3 plasma fruits compared to the ones you grow, I wanted you to check if this also applied to the other plasma tree in Forgotten Hollow. Wink Yes, you stated all wild plants only yielded 3 produce, but that was contradictory to the statement about plasma tree behind Vlad’s house.  Raised eyebrowWondering

I tested one of my favorite saves with Vampires and not only did my plasma tree only yield 3 fruits, the one by the pond did as well, and so did the one behind Vlad’s house!Raised eyebrow  I don’t know how your game gives out more fruits on his tree, but in my game it doesn’t!Wondering

I will have to do a bit more research to see what I can find about this.  Hopefully I can get some information! Fingers crossed

Edit to add that for some reason the font size will not show up larger, despite my changing it! Disappointed

Message 7 of 11 (2,301 Views)

★★ Guide
@PugLove888 Sorry if I write a bit confusing. xD On my old save which I still play on the wild plasma trees got 10 fruits cause that world was generated before seasons came out. Now with new worlds all wild plasma trees only produce 3 like it did for you when you tested.
Someone said this is by design. I think it's just a bug they don't care to fix right now to be honest. Cause why would they first design for example plasma trees to produce 10 fruits and then cap that to 3 with seasons. Seems weird to me.
I delete localthumbcache.package after everytime I play btw. Wink
Message 8 of 11 (2,270 Views)

★★ Guide
@PugLove888 It's just nice to finally know that this is "by design" as they say and that it's nothing wrong with my game. Really miss having a plasma tree with 10 fruits instead of 3. Doesn't look as nice. :/
Message 9 of 11 (2,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SisterGloomy, Thank you for clearing that up about how you were using a save game from before Seasons! :eahigh_file:  That makes a lot more sense. Angel Also thank you for clarifying that you always delete the localthumbcache.package file everytime! :eahigh_file:  A lot of people don't do this and then still have problems! Disappointed

I agree that the plasma trees don't look as nice with only 3 fruits! Frown This is especially noticeable since the trees are rather large! Raised eyebrow

I don't think there is anything wrong with your game that you would have to worry about.  It is either a bug or by design.   (I'll admit that if it is by design, it is a strange choice! Wondering

Message 10 of 11 (2,242 Views)