Re: Pets connection to owner's Family Tree

by PugLove888

Original Post

Pets connection to owner's Family Tree

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I have a tiny request for The Sims 4.

Could you please add pet/owner relationships to the family tree?

This can be done for example via a green line. One pet would be connected to just one Sim who happens be the main owner. The pet would seem like a sibling or offspring, but the connection line would be a new color.

The reason I love playing The Sims 4 so much is because of how happy it makes me on a deep level by allowing me to do generational family gameplay. I love my pets too, so I wish to be able to keep track of them in the family tree of my big family.

If you can make my honest request a reality, I would be extremely grateful. Standard smile

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5 (736 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I doubt that will happen. If you look at a real Family tree you don't see any pets in there either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

There are no aliens and PlantSims in real life either. The Sims has never been about realism.

I simply posed my request as a lifelong Sims fan.

Message 3 of 5 (702 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@greentrees811, while I also doubt that your request would happen, at least in The Sims 4, I also wish EA would do this!  Growing up I had human siblings but we always counted the dog as part of the family!  Therefore, my only sister was canine! Heart  Now I'm married and I have a dog, and my mom refers to my dog as her "granddog"! HeartLarge smile  Many people can't have children (and can't even adopt them) Devil so they rely on cats and dogs as their children! CatDog  And of course many families have children and still consider their pets as part of the family ! Heart

Even if EA doesn't do this for TS4, if there ever is a TS5 maybe they will consider adding this! Fingers crossed Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes, this is what I was talking about. Standard smile
Thank you!

Message 5 of 5 (625 Views)