Pet Pregnancy Issues

by HappyBanshee

Original Post

Pet Pregnancy Issues

★★★ Novice

I was wondering how long cat/dog labor is suppose to last, because my cat has been in labor for about five days now and no kittens have popped out of her. She just keeps panting, pacing and walking slow and it's getting rather troublesome - is this a bug or are they suppose to be in labor for this ungodly amount of time? 

Message 1 of 11 (6,090 Views)

Re: Pet Pregnancy Issues

Hero

Hi @HappyBanshee

no, it shouldn't be that long.

Are you using mods in your game ? Have you tried resetting the cat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (6,063 Views)

Champion

@HappyBanshee, there is an issue with strays that messes up breeding, (usually they will go into labor indefinitely, or the popup screen will say some puppies or kitties have been born and ask you to name them, but no kitties or puppies will show up, unless your save and exit then restart your game in which only one puppy or kitty will show up! ShockedAngryDevil Since your pet's labor has gone on for a long time, I'm guessing you might have adopted a stray, in which case this is the cause of your problem (let's hope they fix this bug soon!).  If my guess is wrong and you created the parent pets in CAP, then something else is wrong!  Like @crinrict stated, labor should not be that long!  While it does take some time, the offspring should be born within the same Sims 24-hour period that the labor started in .Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 11 (6,040 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PugLove888 Thanks for the response: Yea, the father is the stray that my sim adopted, so I'm guessing that's the issue - do you know of anyway I can force the birth to happen??

@crinrict I removed my mods and played for a bit but the endless labor kept happening. 

Message 4 of 11 (6,032 Views)

Champion

@HappyBanshee, I'm sorry, but at this time I don't know of a way to force any births to happen, especially for the bug that exists in the strays that prevent them from having offspring.  Disappointed  

We can either wait for EA to fix this, or we can look for a 3rd party fix.  I don't play with CC or Mods anymore (caused too many problems with TS3, so I'm not even trying them in TS4), so I will have to wait for EA to fix this! Sick  

The only other thing I can think of is to take your pet to the Vet an get him "fixed" and then a bit later take him back and get him unfixed. Thinking  Even if that works, it wouldn't solve the stuck pregnancy problem that you are currently having (and it might not work at all!)  Frown

I was able to get 2 CAP generated dogs to successfully mate and give birth to 3 puppies, all of whom showed up in my game.  So breeding does work with CAP created pets! Standard smile

In the meantime, there is a thread at the Sims 4 forum addressing this.  It is constantly being added to, so I haven't read all of it.  I don't think there are any workarounds at the moment.  Seems we just have to wait on EA. Devil  Here is the link:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928960/cats-and-dogs-issues-with-breeding/p1

I will try some expierimenting and also look around some more for a work around, but don't hold your breath! Large smileWink  If I find anything I will update you.  And if you find anything, please update me! Angel

Message 5 of 11 (6,022 Views)

Hero

There^s this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SAVES-NEEDED-CD-Kitten-Puppies-not-added-to-household-after/m-...

Yours sounds a bit different but it might be the same.

Feel free to post there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (6,014 Views)

Champion

@crinrict, Thanks for adding the other link! Standard smile

Message 7 of 11 (5,993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PugLove888 

So I found a way around! It turns out the problem was that you can't have kittens/puppies when your sims isn't on their home lot (mine was living in her vet clinic - and I always forget it's not technically the home lot). Once I had her go back, my cat still didn't give birth, but I downloaded a mod that lets you take control of the pet as if they're a sim (can't link it - but it'll pop up upon googling) and here you can control the cat (or dog) click on them and there's a give birth option - which forces the birth and the kitten appeared for me. Hope this fixes any issues you have as well. 

Message 8 of 11 (5,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@HappyBansheeI'm so happy you found  a way around this! Angel:eahigh_file:Party hat  Unfortunately, I don't play with CC or Mods in TS4 because I had too many problems with them in TS3.  Frown  But this info you have given will be valuable for many other people who do play with Mods! Large smile  Also, the knowledge that you need to be on the lot when the pets give birth is something new to me, so I welcome this info!CoolStandard smile  I need to test it out now! 

Thanks again, and happy Simming! Heart

Edit to add that there is no spoiler, and I don't know why it says there is , and also to add that this is another reason EA should have made pets controllable.  Raised eyebrow

Edited by EA_Mai: and... spoiler gone Wink

Message 9 of 11 (5,940 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PugLove888

You probably by accident hit the insert spoiler button (yellow button)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 11 (5,924 Views)