No university option on certain computers

by ouchbailey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No university option on certain computers

★★★ Apprentice

So I noticed that the "university" pie menu option doesn't show up on certain computers. It doesn't show up on:

Immersive Blend

All-in-One Powerful PC

I have tried removing all of my mods and repairing my game, but it still didn't show up

Message 1 of 10 (3,896 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No university option on certain computers

Champion

@ouchbailey, sometimes it isn't enough to remove all of your Mods, as bits of corrupted data can still be left behind.  Please try the following steps:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

At least one other person found that certain Mods were the problem with the computers not having the University option on some of the computers.  Not only that, but I tested this and I have the University options on both of these computers -- but I do not use any Mods or CC. Wink

Please update us on if the above steps work for you! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (3,881 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@ouchbailey, sometimes it isn't enough to remove all of your Mods, as bits of corrupted data can still be left behind.  Please try the following steps:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

At least one other person found that certain Mods were the problem with the computers not having the University option on some of the computers.  Not only that, but I tested this and I have the University options on both of these computers -- but I do not use any Mods or CC. Wink

Please update us on if the above steps work for you! Angel

Message 2 of 10 (3,882 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you so much! That worked! I use the sims resource cc manager and following these steps I figured out the problem was with a file in the TSR Library folder. Thanks again for your help

Message 3 of 10 (3,861 Views)

Champion

@ouchbailey, no problem!  I'm happy you can use those computers for University actions again!   Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 4 of 10 (3,830 Views)

★★ Novice

Which computers did it show up on? 

Message 5 of 10 (3,671 Views)

Champion

@ShaceeLynn, the Original Poster's problem was Mods/CC related.  If you use Mods or Custom Content and are having problems with some computers showing university options, please do the steps I listed above on how to figure out which Mod or CC is the problem and how to fix it. Angel

If for some reason you are having similar problems and don't use Mods or CC then please update us!Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (3,652 Views)

★★ Novice

Which file?

Message 7 of 10 (3,427 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For me, it was Another One Bytes The Dust computers from RAVASHEEN at The Sims Resource. When I removed them, all computers went back to normal.

Message 8 of 10 (3,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I tried what you suggested but when I repaired my game I didnt find the new mod file or folder. Am I doing something wrong???

Message 9 of 10 (1,098 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

As this thread is now a bit older, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 10 of 10 (1,088 Views)