Re: No "Examine Bonsai" option

by rachaeliscool

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

There are three shapes which can't be examined: bare (like the one in your screenshot), bushy and overgrown

Now the question is, do you always fail at pruning?

Message 11 of 16 (2,130 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, my Sim (Maxie) shaped it himself. He's just reached Gardening Level 4. How would I know if he's failed?

Message 12 of 16 (698 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kusurusu Wait. Seriously!? So if I buy a new Bonsai tree, and he shapes it correctly, I should get the "Examine" option back again!?
Message 13 of 16 (696 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kusurusu Oh my God, that's it! That's the answer! Another one of my Sims pruned it correctly, and he was able to examine it! Thank you so much!
Message 14 of 16 (674 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@rachaeliscool You don't need to buy a bosnai tree, if your into grafting picking the right combination will give you a popup asking if you want to turn the two grafted plants to a bosnai tree. If you say yes, the two plants will combined to form a bosnal tree. Once it is fully grown and you shape it, your get a option to turn it into a decoration and the shape won't disappear, but you can still prone it, and it will over grow, but it won't loose its shape, only Bonsai tree that are not decorations can be reshaped.
Message 15 of 16 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@rachaeliscool wrote:
@kusurusuOh my God, that's it! That's the answer! Another one of my Sims pruned it correctly, and he was able to examine it! Thank you so much!

@rachaeliscool  

Fantastic news! Thank you @kusurusu @ for helping solve this issue.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 16 of 16 (653 Views)