Original Post

Accepted Solution

No "Examine Bonsai" option

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. It showed up in the Scientist Career.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bonsai tree has been shaped by someone else. When I click on it, no "Examine Bonsai" option appears.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the option "Examine Bonsai" like it was there before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, the "Examine Bonsai" option has just...disappeared. I click on it, and the option isn't there. I don't know if this is truly a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong.

What's weird is that the option was there before, but later, it wasn't. It was within the same Sim day and the same day in real life. It was before my Sim used the Freeze Ray on another Sim, so maybe that did something, but after the Sims thawed out, the option still wasn't available. I tried resetting object and resetting the Sim. I tried exiting to Manage Worlds and also exiting the game. The problem persists, and it's not just that Sim who can't examine the tree, but other played Sims as well.

examinebonsai.png

nooption.png

It's hardly making the game unplayable, but it's sad that I can't do something that was supposed to be in the game. Frown

Message 1 of 16 (1,576 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No "Examine Bonsai" option

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

There are three shapes which can't be examined: bare (like the one in your screenshot), bushy and overgrown

Now the question is, do you always fail at pruning?

View in thread

Message 11 of 16 (2,057 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@rachaeliscool Does it work if you replace it with another bonsai tree ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,567 Views)

★ Apprentice

The one thing I didn't do. I'll try that next time and let you know what happens.

Message 3 of 16 (1,543 Views)

Hero
@rachaeliscool Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,523 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict No. Frown Even after buying and shaping a new bonsai plant, there's no Examine option. It's very strange.

Message 5 of 16 (1,504 Views)

Hero
@rachaeliscool Ok. I'll add this then

Did you test science lot and home lot and the option appears on neither ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (1,490 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] No "Examine Bonsai" option

Champion (Retired)

@rachaeliscool  Please try to "Examine Bonsai" while your Sim is in a Focused mood. That should do the trick.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 7 of 16 (1,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictYeah, the option is there when I buy one for my home and shape it. Unfortunately, that still won't help my Sim at work.

@EuphorialQueenI tried getting my Sim focused. The option still doesn't appear. I'm stumped (no pun intended lol).

Message 8 of 16 (1,437 Views)

★ Pro

Does this happen with any bonsai shape (five generic, one botched, four emotional)? And your scientist isn't already examining the plant?

Their current mood doesn't matter here

Message 9 of 16 (1,423 Views)

Hero
@rachaeliscool Did you shape the second one yourself ? How high are you skills ? Are you sure your Sim didn't fail at shaping it properly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (1,415 Views)