New Game Startup Question

by mh2artist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Game Startup Question

★★ Apprentice

Newb question. Even though I've been playing Sims 4 for several months, all my play has been continuing on from various past and recent "saves".

My question is: At the Load/Start of Game Screen where I can choose between "Load Game" and "Start a New Game" large buttons, if I choose the "Start a New Game" button, will all the Sims I have created still show up in My Library for me to use in the new game? I'm assuming all the worlds/towns will be reset.

And related to that, if I start a new game, play and "save as", the next time I play Sims 4 will the "Load Game" screen show just the new game I have started, or will it list both the new game and my previous saves from the older game I was playing?

I did try to research this, and didn't find anything.

Message 1 of 3 (385 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Game Startup Question

Champion (Retired)

Everything you have in your Library will still be there. The Worlds are reset and if you save as under a different name you will have the option to load your old savegame later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (483 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Everything you have in your Library will still be there. The Worlds are reset and if you save as under a different name you will have the option to load your old savegame later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (484 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you so much!

I know sometimes what seems apparent to others is really not to newer users. It's been a long time since I played Sims 1,2,3, so I really appreciate your answer. I've worked so hard on my creations of over 56 Sims and 10 builds in Sims 4, I am afraid to try anything I'm not sure how to do because I don't want to lose them or my work. (Yes, I save my Tray and saves folder elsewhere besides in My Docs, but I really never want to have to deal with replacing from there.)

So Thank you! -MH

Message 3 of 3 (362 Views)