Re: New Configurable Stairs

by SheriGR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Configurable Stairs

★ Apprentice

First of all, the stairs are FANTASTIC. But there is one thing I'm struggling with - spiral stairs going up a tower - size: 3x3 squares.

First of all, when stacking two circling stairs on top of one another, this can be done, but there are annoying little squares of floor tile that shouldn't be there - in the middle, and under the beginning of the second floor stair - see my photos. I can't work out how to delete these squares and keep the stairs as they are.

When I tried to spiral a stair from two stories up, the stairs won't spiral under themselves - see the red stairs in the photo.

So the only way I can make nice looking spiral stairs going up a tower is to put a 1 square room in the middle of the circling stairs, so there's all wall there instead of a nice drop to look down at the stairs.

Any one have any better luck?

Message 1 of 5 (1,635 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ArchAngel1294 I have made you a video that I hope will address this issue for you. I re-created the stairwell and removed the floor/ceiling for each level. please let us know if it helps. Thank you! 

https://youtu.be/fq_gn4oIiGw

I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & backup daily. I don’t work for EA.

Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button
XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,577 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ArchAngel1294 I have made you a video that I hope will address this issue for you. I re-created the stairwell and removed the floor/ceiling for each level. please let us know if it helps. Thank you! 

https://youtu.be/fq_gn4oIiGw

I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & backup daily. I don’t work for EA.

Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button
XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')

Message 2 of 5 (1,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ArchAngel1294, I think @SheriGR addressed your problem beautifully , especially in her video! Angel  But just in case you have other staircase building problems I can recommend another video done by Carl's Sims 4 Guide.  He addresses a different problem than you had (his was making stacking switchback staircases, which is a problem with some of the stairs we have in the game), but you might find his information helpful in the future! Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDaJfZzKWBc

Hopefully you were able to make your spiraling stairs with @SheriGR 's instructions! Fingers crossed Please update us on your progress and mark her solution as correct if she solved your problem! Angel

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (1,544 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you so much! That definitely works! I'd tried deleting the floor, but not also the ceiling.

Also thank you for the other response - deleting the walls is something I needed to learn. Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (1,517 Views)

Champion

@ArchAngel1294 So happy it worked and you got to learn something new form it! I love those opportunities! Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 5 of 5 (1,508 Views)