Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[NOT A BUG] Camera jumps when raising items in build mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open up build mode, turn on bb.moveobjects, and try to raise an object with the 9 key.
What happens when the bug occurs? When raising the object, the camera view jumps away from wherever you currently were, and is essentially locked in that position as long as you are actively raising the object. If you try and move the camera from that position, it'll jump back pretty much immediately.
What do you expect to see? Being able to raise the object and actually see it get raised, without the camera jumping away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've already removed all my mods, repaired my game twice, and cleared out my cache. I included a video of exactly what happens; Although I only first noticed it a few days ago I'm genuinely not sure if I had used the ability to raise objects since the patch on the 20th. It only occurs when I raise objects, not when I lower them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xn9Z6jZ-O8e35YVnivkip6Spn1BFyb8k/view?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 3 (7,204 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Camera jumps when raising items in build mode

Hero (Retired)

@freudslipstrider @Waterwoman1987 this typically happens when the game has camera setting positions enabled (these are positions you can use to set the camera in order to allow for smooth video drift from point to point when recording).  Simply use CTRL+9 and CTRL+0 rather than just the numbers, and you will be able to raise and lower objects.  You can also delete the file that stores camera setting positions - it's called "VideoCameraStates" and is in /Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/VideoCameraStates and can then use just the numbers again.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (7,041 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I had this since they unlocked the resize option for us and always thought it's "normal" but i'm curious to find out if it's an actual bug or just an camera hickup.

Message 2 of 3 (7,109 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@freudslipstrider @Waterwoman1987 this typically happens when the game has camera setting positions enabled (these are positions you can use to set the camera in order to allow for smooth video drift from point to point when recording).  Simply use CTRL+9 and CTRL+0 rather than just the numbers, and you will be able to raise and lower objects.  You can also delete the file that stores camera setting positions - it's called "VideoCameraStates" and is in /Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/VideoCameraStates and can then use just the numbers again.

Message 3 of 3 (7,042 Views)