Multiple Saves, CC, MODS, and More

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Re: Multiple Saves, CC, MODS, and More

Champion

@stbnchristine wrote:

@SheriGR Let me try again as this is confusing. When you launch Sims 4, PRIOR to the main menu where you choose saves and hit the big green arrow, mods are loaded. In fact you get a splash screen listing the mods and have to ok it in order to hit the big green play button. So you cannot play two saved games where one has mods and one does not.

The cleanest way to do this is to keep two copies of the This Sims 4 folder somewhere else. I do it like this:

Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims Saves/Vanilla/The Sims 4

and

Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims Saves/Modded/The Sims 4

Then I move the one I want to play to the Electronc Arts folder to play it. That way all my mods and stored with my saved games and my modded households in one folder and the other is cc free. 

Yup. Sorry, just wanted to confirm, since I think that is specifically what @candiecoatediv wanted to confirm. Thank you! Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 18 (1,214 Views)

★ Guide

Hey @SheriGR I missed one point from your questions.  Yes I always let the game generate a completely new folder for me.  That way no odd file is missing or damaged and the game generated resource.cfg file is clean.  Then if I want no cc just play it... if I want to add limited cc I can.  Letting the game generate the new folder is important if you want to be as bug free as possible.

Message 12 of 18 (1,213 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@stbnchristine And @SheriGR

thank you! Now let me see if I understand this correctly. 

For the the game I want to play CC/MOD free I should remove it from the sims folder to a safe place and label it so I know it is the CC/MOD free game. This allows the game to generate a new dimes folder in which I can enable MODS/CC content. Then when I want to switch them move this folder to a safe location and label MODS to keep them separate. Then start the game to generate a clean game, then move the “clean” game back into the folder to ensure all cc and mod content has been cleared? 

Message 13 of 18 (1,192 Views)

★ Guide

@candiecoatedivThat is the idea.  Just make sure you move "The Sims 4" folder.  Check out the attached picture... a picture is worth a thousand words.

Message 14 of 18 (1,188 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Okay. I only have one folder The Sims 4. This is the folder I’m moving correct? 

Message 15 of 18 (1,184 Views)

★ Guide

Yes move it somewhere else and then launch the game from origin and the game will build a new The sims 4 folder.  Then click the three dots at the top and select game options. Choose the other tab and check enable custom content and mods.  Apply the changes and quit the game.  Add cc/mods to Mods folder and launch.  Now you have a Mods game to use and your old NoCC game is safe to use when you want.

Message 16 of 18 (11,883 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@stbnchristine @SheriGR Thank you!! 

Message 17 of 18 (1,133 Views)

Champion

@candiecoatediv You are very welcome. Any time. Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 18 of 18 (1,122 Views)