Re: Moschino stuff pack - Gender restricted poses?

by Loves2draw1812

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Moschino stuff pack - Gender restricted poses?

★ Apprentice

I've been having a few bugs with this pack, but I'm not sure if this is actually a bug or something intended.

I noticed that the solo photo poses seem to have a few restricted  to gender - such as flirty pose, females blow kisses, males can't. Fashion pose, males can fold arms, females can't.

Is this intentional or another bug?

If not a bug, then why?

Message 1 of 9 (1,263 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

@PugLove888 

It's always an annoying issue. In this case, I think it simply comes down to code. They didn't want to have to attempt to code in any pose for solo sims and then limited for group. Having all poses available in groups would've caused some people to really kick off.

Really it's just a pooprly implemented system.

I always use the game Saints Row as a good example of freedom of character customization, you can do whatever you want. Even give your male character long hair!! *gasp* Took the Sims a while to allow that. Just a good example of freedom of choice, to create what you want to create.

Course there are more pressing issues, I was just bringing it up because it was a 'why would they do this?', answered my own question now I think. Plenty of other bugs in this pack that need fixing as well, and all the other ones still present from past expansion ect

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,110 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@Loves2draw1812 I'm not actually sure which would be better. I kinda like the idea of different genders having different poses, but it would think there would be circumstances where you might want to use a certain pose on both.
Message 2 of 9 (1,230 Views)

Champion

@Loves2draw1812, I doubt that this is a bug.  It sounds intentional to me.  As for why?Wondering  Only the developers can truly answer, but I would just guess that the reality is that males and females do have some differences, and this is just a way to show that. Wink But then again, I just try different poses until I get one I like, regardless of gender. I have not tried to

get a Sim to make a particular pose. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 9 (1,221 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PugLove888  well yeah male and females have differences. I'm female...I can fold my arms across my chest, a pose is not a reflection of gender, and if you were to try and fit poses into a gender box....isn't that one a neutral one?

It's limiting a feature to put such restrictions in place, I wasn't looking for a particular pose but when I noticed that there seemed to be missing ones depending gender, that annoyed. I've paid for the pack, I want full access to it's content.

People don't have to use all the options, but at least let the choice be there.

Message 4 of 9 (1,208 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Psychotps  I can understand limiting poses in the group photos as that would be a nightmare to cycle through if you didn't want a sim to do a 'male' pose and such.

The solo photos though....why limit that? Have access to all poses and use whatever ones you want, just ignore the ones you don't. Freedom of choice in a pack you paid money for.

Message 5 of 9 (1,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Loves2draw1812, yes, I agree that crossing arms is a neutral pose, but  I was thinking that perhaps the developers just wanted there to be some difference.Wondering  But I don't' even know for sure if that was why they did what they did.  It was just a guess.  It could have also just been something like the fact that females always get more clothing and hair than the males do, so let's add a pose that only males can do, especially since they added the flirty one for females that you mentioned.   Then again, it could have just been an oversight. Thinking

Yes, it would be nice to have everything in a pack or game just the way you want it, but you paid for a pack that they presented, not one you ordered custom made from them.  It's a little bit of a let down, but not as bad as if an actual item was missing, or something to that effect.  But I'm sorry you are upset. Disappointed  Perhaps they will unlock all the poses to everyone in the future. Fingers crossed

Edit to add that you might also want to post a request for the poses to be unlocked to all genders here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934752/feedback-share-with-us-what-you-would-want-to-see...

Message 6 of 9 (1,194 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PugLove888 

In this case it isn't the usual female sims getting more stuff (though as you said that is clothing) than males as it's an equal exclusion.

It's a daft move, once again. One that I personally don't think should be defended as leaving it neutral = everyone is happy, use what you want ignore what you don't.

What such games could learn from Saints Row.

I would post on their  twitter if I could but, not an option for me.

I'll have a look at that post but doubt any of those who are involved with such things will even see it given all the other issues like bugs in the game that haven't been sorted.

cheers

Message 7 of 9 (1,186 Views)

Champion

@Loves2draw1812, yes, there is (at least) one pose that each gender can't do.  I was just thinking maybe they liked the female flirty one and then thought they should make another for the male.  Well, they missed an opportunity.Raised eyebrow  They might fix it,  they might not.   I have no idea about Saints Row.  WonderingLarge smile

I just mentioned that link because the more eyes that see your suggestion, the more likely they might do something about it.  I do thing there are more pressing issues, like you mentioned, but this doesn't appear to be an actual bug .  It can't hurt to post on the official site. Wink

Message 8 of 9 (1,179 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PugLove888 

It's always an annoying issue. In this case, I think it simply comes down to code. They didn't want to have to attempt to code in any pose for solo sims and then limited for group. Having all poses available in groups would've caused some people to really kick off.

Really it's just a pooprly implemented system.

I always use the game Saints Row as a good example of freedom of character customization, you can do whatever you want. Even give your male character long hair!! *gasp* Took the Sims a while to allow that. Just a good example of freedom of choice, to create what you want to create.

Course there are more pressing issues, I was just bringing it up because it was a 'why would they do this?', answered my own question now I think. Plenty of other bugs in this pack that need fixing as well, and all the other ones still present from past expansion ect

Message 9 of 9 (1,111 Views)