Minor improvment idea about holidays

by mathematics654

Original Post

Minor improvment idea about holidays

★★ Pro

I would like if you separate "School off" holiday option and "Work off" holiday option, Hanukkah for ex. don't have school, but have work most of the holiday, this can also be used to create summer vacation

Message 1 of 5 (564 Views)

Re: Minor improvment idea about holidays

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hmmm... Do you mean having a list of holidays in the settings and you choose who is off - adults or kids? I can definitely see a lot of the folks who play very realistic family households with children and parenthood packs that are heavily used for many details enjoying the option of giving the kids the summer off from school. Interesting idea... 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (505 Views)

★★ Pro

More like "school" and "work" then the age groups (I mean that teen job can stay even if the school is off, since teens work in holidays and summer)

Message 3 of 5 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Well, if you can get them to work out the details, as I said, I expect there would at lease be a good crowd who would like in the option to enable summer vacation for children and teens. I wouldn't be surprised if the typical 'non-parenthood'-oriented players wouldn't like having even more maintenance for kids/teens (who knows what kind of shenanigans some of those little rascals could be up to with a whole summer and no parents during the day!) But... if it was something like a setting in the game options that you could enable, people can choose depending on their preferred game-style. I'd be on-board for that one.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 5 (457 Views)

Champion

@mathematics654, and @SheriGR, I've often wished for Summer vacation for my Sims kids and teens!  I know in some areas of the country and in other countries they have a year-round school year Sick , but not in my state thank God! Heart  So I just pretend that my poor Sims live in a state with a year-round school year. Frown  

Therefore, I'm in total agreement that our Sims teens and children should have the Summer off!  Water balloon fights for everyone! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (446 Views)