MISSING ESSENTIAL THINGS FOR SEASONS

by gelophee05

Original Post

MISSING ESSENTIAL THINGS FOR SEASONS

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

THE SIMS 4 SEASONS a fail expansion that can't live up to its name. "Grant Rodiek" said this is the best SIM SEASONS ever, what a joke.

These are the annoying lists of missing immersion I've found so far.

1. There is no snow depth they basically recolor the entire area with white paint to make it look like covered with snow, it's an essential so why remove it?

2. The fall season is BLAND, the trees don't generate fall leaves that much and when you look at the entire map, the other pre-made trees don't have fall leaves on the ground.

3. Raining is basically a drops of lines, and rain puddles doesn't really look a puddle. Also a simple rain drops from the roof is an essential too.

4. Holidays, I think this is the only good thing they came up with. But removing the essential things for seasons or improving the previous seasons, in exchange for holidays that keeps getting boring as long as you play it. It's not worth it.

5. And as usual there's no beach so don't expect the "SUMMER EXPERIENCE".

6. There are no sickness or allergies, basically you'll die suddenly from being frozen and from flowers without even getting sick first.

7. The expansion promotes you to be inside at all times, they removed the essential outdoor activities that makes Seasons, a seasons.

8. When you look at the map, the image of the map doesn't change when it's changing season. 

9. No more igloos, well why you will want an igloo if the snow doesn't even pile up.

10. No more online dating, should've been in Get Together in the first place, it's an immersion that basically adds a new selection and window.

11. Festival lots are basically the festivals in San Myshuno so I guess it's a good thing.

12. Your window doesn't fogged up when it's raining cold and snowing so it's a FOGGED-PROOF WINDOW.

They keep decreasing the immersion of the game for the sake of those who have slow computers even though you already took the "OPEN WORLD" & the graphics are not that detailed unlike in TS3 so the game won't lag so why not improve the immersion of seasons? Also, the so called "Gurus" are spouting the same bllsht when someone's complaining about the removed essential things that makes the expansion live up to its name. JUST RENAME the game from The Sims 4 Seasons into The Sims 4 Holidays, much better lol then redo or improve the Seasons.

Oh and you don't like my post or create my own game? it's a free country or world so whatever you say I don't care, I'm just here to rant get this out of my chest lol.

Message 1 of 2 (383 Views)

Re: MISSING ESSENTIAL THINGS FOR SEASONS

Champion

@gelophee05, if they were to "give in to your demands" and make the game have an open world, and dripping eaves, and an increased snow depth, then people just like you but with lesser computers would rant and rave about their game slowing down. Raised eyebrow  They cannot please everybody, so they have an impossible job. Disappointed  I wouldn't like to work for a company where everything I work on is open to public scrutiny.  And sadly, it is not a free world.  EA is in a free country,so you are free to post both your likes and dislikes, but you still have to follow the rules. Wink

And yes, if you love TS3 so much more then you are free to play it! Party hat  Why don't you ?  I'm sure you will be happier! Cool  

As for rain looking like just some lines, in real life rain often just looks like some lines! Large smile  I would like increased snow depth too, but I would hardly call it essential for most people. They did include one defining characteristic of snow and that is how it sparkles! Heart  I'm sure that isn't essential for either for many people, but it is a very nice effect!

I do understand how much of a let down it is to have features you love from another version of a game not make it into a newer version; I still miss playing Marco Polo in the pool like you could with TS2's Seasons!  But I don't file a list of grievances over it, I just realize that that is life.

Star As for the windows not fogging, they fog in my game at least when it is really cold outside, so perhaps it is just some of the windows that got overlooked. Wondering     It would be very helpful if you could tell us which windows aren't fogging. Angel  I will include a picture of my fogged/frosted windows at the bottom of this post. 

Just put yourself in their shoes.  Besides, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar! Wink

Happy Simming! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (363 Views)