Re: Legacy Edition: Fixing existing bugs?

by EllEKAT12

Original Post

Whats up with the Sims4 Legacy Edition??

★★★ Novice

Okay. This legacy thing is bogus. I don't see why I have spent so much time and money into this game when now, just because I have an older computer, I don't get the same benefits as other players who have newer computers. I still spent the same money as them and now I don't have access to the gallery or new game packs ect. This is so unfair. Is there no way around this? Would my only solution be to get a new computer?? I want a re-fund Frown please tell me if I'm misunderstanding. 

Message 25 of 55 (1,651 Views)

Legacy Edition: Fixing existing bugs?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Based on EA's post about Legacy Edition, EA will not support Legacy Edition at all, which means players are stuck with two options: play with debilitating bugs and poorly planned gameplay features, or quit entirely. I have to use a mod to keep townies and random Sims from becoming Spellcasters, which is a serious oversight on EA's part, and I still can't use occult eyes on Spellcasters. I'm also unable to "resume writing" on any books. The laptops bug out all the time, and familiars are also buggy. Townies still have absurd situation outfits. I am sure there are more bugs and problems that I'm just not thinking of right now. EA is essentially taking away my ability to play this game, and I'm absolutely furious. My only options are to spend hundreds of dollars on a new computer, which is ridiculous, or I spend well over a hundred dollars on games for consoles. I've invested a lot of time and money into the Sims 4. The least they could do is fix the existing bugs for Legacy Edition.

Message 1 of 55 (1,801 Views)

★★ Novice
@shakenbreak to be honest i hated this update and i was going to purchase my sims 4 packs for the first time in my entire life and i was exploding with excitements because i got some small cash! like to be honest i dont have that much money to buy a new pc, this pc was even gifted for me and its macbook air 2010 so i thought i wont have the legacy edition since i checked my pc is 64 bit and i felt relieved but then i found it its for from 12 and later...now i am so mad and i want to quit sims 4 and rethink about purchasing any packs in further future.
EA that wasn't fair.
Message 2 of 55 (1,776 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@shakenbreak 

Did you read the patch notes? There was a lot of things fixed. The townies becoming spellcasters are by design.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 55 (1,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes, of course, I read the patch notes. I also attempted to play the Legacy Edition to see if things were fixed. None of my bugs were fixed in the update. If you read my post, you can clearly see that the things I listed were not addressed in the update today and are not mentioned anywhere in the patch notes.

Message 4 of 55 (1,735 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Like I wrote townies becoming spellcasters are not a bug. You mention problems with familiars. If it is that they sometime don't load that is because of too little space. Move to a more open space and summon your familiar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 55 (1,728 Views)

Rif.: Legacy Edition: Fixing existing bugs?

★★★★★ Novice
@shakenbreak
I have your same problem, my mac doesn't support metal so here i am, mi really sad because i wanted to try university and all the future dlc, my mac works fine so i won't buy a new computer just for playing the sims 4 so i guess i'm stuck with the legacy edition (that i can't open because whenever i try to open it there is just an error code and nohing else)
Message 6 of 55 (1,680 Views)

Rif.: Legacy Edition: Fixing existing bugs?

★ Novice

Same for my 

Message 7 of 55 (1,646 Views)

How could you render expansion packs that I have already brought useless?

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

With the new Sims 4 update, how can you possibly justify rendering content that I have paid for useless?

Message 8 of 55 (1,539 Views)

Re: How could you render expansion packs that I have already brought useless?

Hero
@ToniTheTdawg Which content do you mean ? The only pack that really doesn't work with the legacy edition was Uni and that was communicated in the specs that it wouldn't work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 55 (1,521 Views)