Issue with retail costumers. They leave too soon

by ReelOne17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issue with retail costumers. They leave too soon

★★ Novice

Hello everyone. Chilean simmer over here Standard smile sorry if there was already a topic for my issue, just couldn't find it.

So basically I'm running a retail store (I sell purses, outfits and alot of fabulous things) and mostly all of the items are cc. When customers arrive, I talk to them using the friendly and retail store interactions. The issue is that none of them get to stay past 40 minutes and they just leave the store. Even if my sim is talking to a customer and the progress of the sale is going ok, the customer suddenly leaves the store and I can't do anything about it. They walk straight through the door with no options of any interaction.

I play this on a mac computer, have some early expansions and accesories packs.

Message 1 of 8 (1,545 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue with retail costumers. They leave too soon

★★ Novice

Ok guys, I totally forgot about this. I realized today that I had a mod which allows to have more mannequins on the same lot (the limit without the mod is 15, I think). The thing is, when you have more than 15 mannequins with different clothes, it causes lag. The autor of the mod, LemonyLin, warns you about this issue but I just didn't notice.

So in conclusion: It's NOT an issue with the game itself.

Thank you anyways for the support and all the replies. Bye.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,364 Views)

All Replies

@ReelOne17

Moved your post to the Sims general discussion forum for better help with gameplay issues Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (1,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ReelOne17 I would recommend increasing the size of your household by several adults and trying some things for a while to get accustomed to what works well in your store to make a sale. You could move the other adults out later if you want, but since you can control them more than an employee it may give you a better feel for what techniques are helpful with your customers and products. 

I normally add some environmental items that will make my customers more comfortable and in a better mood in general, such as a fireplace, decorative items with environmental qualities, etc.. You will notice that the same customers tend to come in rotationally, so keeping a high relationship with them will be helpful. You don't need to get the interaction bar up very high to go in for the sale. Since you have a limited time to seal the deal (40 sim minutes or something), don't just socialize - try to stay almost entirely within the sale/retail interactions that move the sale forward. At about 50% bar in the sale interaction, push toward closing the sale.

The pause button is your friend, but time is not. Keep pausing and re-evaluating what should be the next interaction in queue. Have 2-3 of your household sims working on this at once, and have an employee or two running around also doing helpful things/building up their sale skills. Just keep pausing and getting a feel for what is helping with the sale. The store should also be clean and a positive environment to shop in.

Employees can be very annoying, especially when they are less skilled, but if you keep working on them and their skill set this will gradually improve. I would mainly rely on household members, though. I find most employees unreliable. I tend to keep my household members in the sale interactions and maybe have a couple of employees and have one clean and one ring up customers, in case I have a couple of customers ready to pay at the same time, but my first choice is to have household members do this as well.

There are tips in this article also that may help:  https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/retail/customers-sales.php

Having said all of that, I don't play with CC, so I have no idea if this may effect your sales. Have you had success selling the CC items? If not this may be an issue to check on. Have you tested the CC items to see if they have a value that the game is identifying? If you drag them to 'sell' in buy mode, is there a value that the game is assigning to all of the items? It's my understanding that for an item to have value in the game, the game needs to have something from the game that it can identify it with to assign it a value. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 8 (1,493 Views)

★★ Novice

@SheriGR wrote:

@ReelOne17 I would recommend increasing the size of your household by several adults and trying some things for a while to get accustomed to what works well in your store to make a sale. You could move the other adults out later if you want, but since you can control them more than an employee it may give you a better feel for what techniques are helpful with your customers and products. 

I normally add some environmental items that will make my customers more comfortable and in a better mood in general, such as a fireplace, decorative items with environmental qualities, etc.. You will notice that the same customers tend to come in rotationally, so keeping a high relationship with them will be helpful. You don't need to get the interaction bar up very high to go in for the sale. Since you have a limited time to seal the deal (40 sim minutes or something), don't just socialize - try to stay almost entirely within the sale/retail interactions that move the sale forward. At about 50% bar in the sale interaction, push toward closing the sale.

The pause button is your friend, but time is not. Keep pausing and re-evaluating what should be the next interaction in queue. Have 2-3 of your household sims working on this at once, and have an employee or two running around also doing helpful things/building up their sale skills. Just keep pausing and getting a feel for what is helping with the sale. The store should also be clean and a positive environment to shop in.

Employees can be very annoying, especially when they are less skilled, but if you keep working on them and their skill set this will gradually improve. I would mainly rely on household members, though. I find most employees unreliable. I tend to keep my household members in the sale interactions and maybe have a couple of employees and have one clean and one ring up customers, in case I have a couple of customers ready to pay at the same time, but my first choice is to have household members do this as well.

There are tips in this article also that may help:  https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/retail/customers-sales.php

Having said all of that, I don't play with Mods or CC, so I have no idea if this may effect your sales. Have you had success selling the CC items? If not this may be an issue to check on.

@SheriGR wrote:

Having said all of that, I don't play with Mods or CC, so I have no idea if this may effect your sales. Have you had success selling the CC items? If not this may be an issue to check on.

Thank u so much for your answer. I understand what you're saying but it feels more like a glitch. When I'm at the store it's just my sim + an employer, and we just won't let them breath lol it's question after question but my sim can't carry on because the customers just stop the dialogue and go. In 8 hours couldn't sell one object Frown I remember that a long time ago I had a retail and the customers stayed for hours, they sat around to chat and it was easier, nos they get to the store, sit somewhere, respond to two questions and leave Frown 

Message 4 of 8 (1,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ReelOne17 Try to not spend too long on chit-chat that has little to do with the sale.

Also, this may seem weird, but I have almost always added a 'Lice Cold Freezer' to my game and sold gardening items (except they won't accept spinach and herbs) and cooked/baked items from it because no one has to wait on them and I make almost all of my money through that. I also make high-speed internet on the lot and have 2-3 computers and comfy chairs and couches. My stores are very successful with many customers and sales - though most of the sales are from the freezers. All of this keeps a lot of customers coming, though. 

Can you confirm if all of your items have a game price/value by the way I mentioned?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 8 (1,475 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @ReelOne17  You may be aware of these mods already, just thought I'd add the info in case: as I find mods most helpful when running a Retail Lot, it also adds to the realism for me. (although haven't played retail lots in a while).

• Retail Overhaul (Hire certain Employees/Better Shopping as a Customer & more) by LittleMsSams is customizable and you just use what you need. (Has also been reported as working currently)
  • NPCC Retail Mod at Mod The Sims.

Hope this helps

Sasha

I have no connection to EA

Message 6 of 8 (1,431 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok guys, I totally forgot about this. I realized today that I had a mod which allows to have more mannequins on the same lot (the limit without the mod is 15, I think). The thing is, when you have more than 15 mannequins with different clothes, it causes lag. The autor of the mod, LemonyLin, warns you about this issue but I just didn't notice.

So in conclusion: It's NOT an issue with the game itself.

Thank you anyways for the support and all the replies. Bye.

Message 7 of 8 (1,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for the answer @Sashas0nic  but unfortunately I'm a * and I didn't notice the already informed issues one mod I had causes on the game (The mod, by the way it's the Mannequin uncapper by  LemonyLi, which basically allows you to have more mannequins on the same lot). So.. yeah, It was never an issue with the game.

I repeat, the creator of the mod is totally aware of this issue and warns you about it in the same download post, so is up to you wether you use it or not.

Sorry if my post caused confusion. I really didn't knew I still had the mod.

Bye UwU

Message 8 of 8 (1,357 Views)