Re: Issue with mermaids in Island Living

by crinrict

Original Post

Issue with mermaids in Island Living

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most current as of 7/23/2019, and updated automatically whenever a new update is released
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Laundry day, perfect patio, vampires, jungle adventure, island living, seasons, get to work.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a mermaid swim near a dock with a ladder and try to use said ladder.
What happens when the bug occurs? Mermaids cannot use ladders at all. This means if you have a house on the ocean with an incredibly decorative dock/patio combo in the back that it’s useless for the mermaids in your household. Whenever they swim in the ocean they have to swim to the front of the house and take the front door on the beach. Horrible design choice on your all’s part.
What do you expect to see? I expect mermaids to transition back into human form in order to use a ladder once a ladder has been selected, OR if a ladder is closer to the mermaid than the shoreline and you’ve instructed that mermaid to go on land for the mermaid to swim to that ladder, transition, then climb up it. It’s not out of reach and it will make playing mermaids a whole lot more appealing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I also noticed that a lot of Island Living items can’t be set as for sale on a retail lot. This includes the fishing traps, water floaties, beach towels, sunblock, and a few of the clothes once put on mannequins.

Message 1 of 8 (2,106 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hi @UniqueCliche,

First of all, thanks for reporting these issues that you found!

Reading through your report, I noticed that the callout at the bottom actually refers to a different issue than the one that you called out in the bug report template above. I also noticed that there are 2 Me Too’s for your report already. Now, it is unfortunately not possible for us to determine which of the issues that you reported, these Me Too’s were meant for. So, to keep those issues separate and to avoid potential confusion it would be really helpful if you could create a new report in a new thread for the second bug related to items that cannot be sold.

When creating a new report for the retail issue, please make sure to remove the relevant call-out from this post to avoid potential confusion.

Thanks so much for reporting this and for your help! High five

Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 8 (2,069 Views)

Hero

I don't actually think that is a bug

When you hover over the ladder it says mermaids can't use ladders so I think this is more feedback.

As @SimGuruKuxiku  said, please either edit this to be about your retail issue or create a new thread for the retail and I'll move this to game info as feedback

Ladder.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (2,050 Views)

Hero
@UniqueCliche Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,997 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Moving this to game info for discussion and more feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,974 Views)

★★ Novice

More feedback: this is still a poor user experience. The most natural thing to do is put a family full of mermaids in a waterfront home, which would logically involve them being able to go straight from the house or back porch to water. You could have them jump in and out of the water (up to a certain height) or, as the original post suggests, just let the mermaids use ladders. It feels clunky and annoying to have the Sims go all the way around the house every time they go in or out of the water.

Message 6 of 8 (1,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

To be clear, I added my "me too" specifically for mermaids not being able to use ladders.  I realize this is by design but I don't agree with it.  I even understand that someone maybe thought it was "cute" because mermaids have tails, they wouldn't be able to use ladders.  However, there is a fault in this logic since TS4 mermaids don't always have tails.  They change their form when walking on land.  They change their form when hopping into a boat.  They should be able to change their form to climb a ladder. :-)

Edit:  I just realized the OP is quite old BUT since the topic is still valid today, I hope it isn't considered necroposting.  It would be good to reevaluate this issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 7 of 8 (1,005 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is a bit older now, so I've gone ahead and locked it to prevent any more necro-posting.

If you have more feedback you'd like to share on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread and we'll take a look with you! Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 8 (975 Views)