In-Game Poses

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

In-Game Poses

★★★★★ Guide

Does anyone know of another way to do in-game poses without Andrew's Pose Player? The download isn't working properly and there does't seem to be any tech support for the MOD anymore. I downloaded some poses and unfortunately they are in-game only. I was really hoping to use these interactions. 

Message 1 of 11 (7,495 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: In-Game Poses

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Sashas0nic 

I think the issue is that there is no script file in the download links. When I download it has the .package file and a folder that says it’s the script but it’s a .pyc file not a ts4script file. 

UPDATE: I got it to work. It was the unzip program I was using (Windows app). I downloaded an updated version of WinRar and it worked just fine. 

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (7,332 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

Hi @candiecoatediv 

I use some CAS poses, but they do need to be downloaded, as is..they're made as such, 'cas/gallery' pose, and 2nd pose (if needed). If you search that way, you're sure to find many.

If you want to try making them yourself, there's always the S4S forums on modding. 

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. 
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 11 (7,444 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Sashas0nic  Yes I have CAS poses I’m looking for a way to use the in-game poses. 

Message 3 of 11 (7,412 Views)

★★ Apprentice

There is no tech support for that mod because it is perfectly working. I just used it yesterday in the game and in CAS.
You need to have both files .package and .script in your main mods folder, not in subfolder. You can't have 2 versions of this file, they will conflict with each other. It is not clear at all what do you expect from poses. They can't work as interactions if they were created as a pose pack. And there is no other pose player exist or even needs to exist. This one covers every need.

Message 4 of 11 (7,383 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Feyona_t  Are you using a new version or the download or working from an existing download? As I stated in my first post, the current link to download does not have the correct script file attached or at least it didn’t when I downloaded it last week or whenever my post was. I would like to use the player and I’m pretty clear on where to put the files.  I don’t have subfolders and my expectation of the mod is for it to work properly. When I originally Downloaded the mod I extracted the files and placed them in my mods folder. However, when I click on the sim, nothing happens. It states an option to pop up allowing me to choose the pose player and the poses I downloaded. This is not happening. I then took all CC out of my mods folder and only had the pose-player and it still did not work. This tells me there is an issue with the download. I tried to comment on the site in the comment block with others that it is not working however, no other comments are allowed bc they have exceeded the allowable amount. 

Message 5 of 11 (7,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Feyona_t Seems your msg changed.. (re; using ingame poses for CAS)

Anyway, there have been conflicting reports regarding the Pose Player by Andrew @ S4S.. also it looks like it has no recent (Sept) update, you could also try either 1: asking at the Deaderpool Discord, or the S4S Forum as well as there are a large number there who use the mod.

Also found this: (as I've never used it personally) but seems there are a few posts re the mod date and the download etc)

Message 6 of 11 (7,357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Sashas0nic 

I think the issue is that there is no script file in the download links. When I download it has the .package file and a folder that says it’s the script but it’s a .pyc file not a ts4script file. 

UPDATE: I got it to work. It was the unzip program I was using (Windows app). I downloaded an updated version of WinRar and it worked just fine. 

Message 7 of 11 (7,333 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, I've corrected my answer. I think I am allowed to do this? I responded to an actual question regarding pose player. As it is pretty clear that it is working, and an issue was not in PP but with another tool. Whenever people have an issue with the program they start getting defensive "like I am not dumb, I know what I am doing" to later learn than something was overlooked. Random conflicting reports don't necessarily mean that the tool is not working. This tool doesn't need to be updated with each patch, it doesn't even need to be updated every year. The only time it breaks is when a big patch with new rigs introduced like toddler and pets patch. These patches broke PP, other patches didn't. 

Message 8 of 11 (7,313 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@candiecoatediv I was using the last updated version downloaded from Andrew's post. You don't need to get defensive and showing an attitude when you get an advice what to look into to fix the situation with the mod. Over the years I've seen all kind of posts "pose player is broken!!!" and later posts "yay, it's working! I didn't unzip it!" or "Oh, I put it in subfolder" or "turned out I had 2 versions in my folders" or "I repaired the game and all is working now!" to know that people can install the mod incorrectly without being dumb.
Message 9 of 11 (7,304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Feyona_t  No one was being defensive. I was simply pointing out the fact that the script file was not showing up in my download. The fact that it was a Windows app and not operator error goes to show I do know what I’m doing. I’ve been playing The Sims and downloading content since the Original release. I just recently switched OS and have been trying to re-download everything so it’s compatible with my new PC. I think you need to re-read my response and chill out. You stated you didn’t know what my expectation was so I clearly pointed out I expect the Mod to work as stated. I then pointed out that the script file was missing in the download. It’s only a game and I was looking for help and guidance on another alternative due to the script file missing. I think if you read this entire thread you’re the only poster here with an attitude. One day hopefully you’ll grow out of that. 

Message 10 of 11 (7,289 Views)