Illness cures not working

by AyaFire

Original Post

Re: Illness cures not working

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps, thanks for testing all of that! Angel  Very interesting! Nerd:eahigh_file:Heart

I never tried other teas with illness.. only the green tea since that I what I was told worked, which it does, it is just that the other ones work as well! I'm not a fan of green tea in real life tastewise, so I will probably use the other teas for my Sims more often. Large smile

Very interesting about napping on the sofa not being as good as using a bed.  I find that true for me in real life, but I didn't expect that with my Sims! Raised eyebrow

I'm very happy the cures stack! Many of our moodlets do, but I didn't want to assume anything! 

About the medicine, that makes sense because in reality taking a nap or drinking OJ is actually good for you even if you aren't sick! .  Medicine is never something you want to take unless you have to!   

So, my summary of your information is that:

Medicine is best if you don't have any time to spare, but you do have some money to spend

Napping is best if you have time to spare, but you really should nap in a bed for maximum benefits

Orange Juice is almost as good as napping on a sofa, and while not as fast to drink as medicine, it is still quicker than napping

Tea will do in a pinch, but OJ is free and takes just as long to drink , and lasts twice as long, and doesn't spam you Sims with interactions the way a tea maker does! 

I'm also very curious as to if there will be any spells or potions with Realm of Magic that deal with illnesses.Nerd  They don't always incorporate other pack features in a new pack, but they sometimes do (as with Island Living tying into Seasons with a new storm type!) Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 31 (908 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 I haven't tested them in a while, but there's also the "Snake Oil" serum from Get to Work's scientist career. I think that works similar to the medicine and it's kinda free. It only takes a daisy to create, but you have to have gone through the scientist track first.

What I tend to do is once I have a "tested" serum, I keep one of each at home and just clone it with the clone machine whenever I need one.
Message 22 of 31 (895 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, thanks for bringing up the Snake Oil!Raised eyebrow  I totally forgot about that, since I'm I haven't played a scientist whose gotten sick or had their household get sick in a while! OopsLarge smile If you find out the strength of Snake Oil versus the other 4 methods to combat illness, and also any buffs the snake oil might give, please tell us! Angel

Message 23 of 31 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@PugLove888I make it along with a bunch of the other serums, but I don't think I've ever used it in practice. I tend to use the Synthetic Food serum more than any of the others. One drink action and your hunger bar is full, it's wonderful. Ghost Goo is dangerous. Grim doesn't like it and it's killed my sims before.

Snake Oil is exactly the same as the medicine, just a 4-hour "medicated" energized buff.

Message 24 of 31 (873 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@PugLove888  Since you seem to have a problem with my wording in all my posts lately, I'll try to be clear:

If your sim is sick, you can use the following cures:

Drink any tea: 30 minutes "Combatting Cold" buff

Drink Orange Juice: 1 hour "Combatting Cold" buff

Nap on BED: 3 hour "Combatting Cold" buff

Nap on SOFA: Provides NO illness cure whatsoever

Drink Medicine: Provides NO "Combatting Cold" buff. Removes illness and provides 4 hour Energized "Medicated" buff.

Drink Snake Oil Serum (from Get to work's Scientist career): Exactly the same as "Drink Medicine".

Effects stack.

I can't possibly be any clearer.

Message 25 of 31 (862 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@AyaFire I had that issue too recently. It was driving me nuts and I thought my sim was going to die. Eventually, after all that, my sim ended up healing instead of dying. I guess it was a glitch of some kind.
A while back the same thing happened but I just ended up clicking 'Reset Object (Debug)' that worked oddly enough. Doesn't anymore thought.
Odd...
Message 26 of 31 (825 Views)

★★★ Novice

It wasn't that the medicine needed to be taken multiple times to fully cure the Sim so much as it was that taking the medicine/orange juice/nap had ZERO effect on the Sim's illness status. It was bugged and I ended up deleting that Sim because it happened every time she got sick. Take medicine - no cure buff. Reseting object/Sim didn't work and I'd have to manually delete the sickness buff each time. Tested with mods and without. 

Message 27 of 31 (780 Views)

Champion

@Therathe, if you are using Mods or CC then it isn't enough to turn off your mods or even remove the mods folder to your desktop.  You also need to delete the localthumbcache.package file in your Game Folder.  It is also good to repair the game in Origin as well. Raised eyebrow

Also, since we just got a new patch about an hour ago, you might need to do all of that again if your have other problems in your game, 

Message 28 of 31 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AyaFire  @PugLove888  I didn't see honey in the list. If memory serves, particularly if it is high quality, I think it is also helpful for certain things, including temperature effects and in this article it says it can help when near-death? The article says it is a "Honey is a warm or cold weather cure-all that gives Sims immunity to temperature for 4 hours, along with a +1 Happy moodlet." I have not tried for this, but it may be worth looking into: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/beekeeping.php

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 29 of 31 (767 Views)

Champion

@SheriGR, thanks for bringing that up! Heart Not sure if it helps illness or not, but it is worth a try.  And even if it doesn't cure the illness, the extra good mood buff it gives will still be of benefit! Angel

Message 30 of 31 (762 Views)