Illness cures not working

by AyaFire

Original Post

Re: Illness cures not working

Champion

@Psychotps, I never noticed if OJ cost any money for my Sims or not. Wondering If it does it is just a few Simoleons, so I ignore it.  It is a lot cheaper than the medicine.  To tell you the truth, since all my illnesses are cured with (at the most) the 3rd try to cure them, save the money and just have them drink OJ for the 3rd try, or else take another nap!  (Now if for some reason you ever get an illness that isn't cured in 3 tries, I would then try the medicine! But I doubt that will ever happen! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 31 (565 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Orange juice is free if you get it from the Quick Meal menu on a refrigerator.

Message 12 of 31 (540 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I actually never tried it until this afternoon. Elsa got a cold (ironic huh? My Elsa sim had that cute sneeze just like in the short film.)

It didn't seem to last as long as the nap. After the OJ, I ended up also having to give her two naps also. I'll have to test it again. I'm curious to see how long the "+" thing lasts with each method, wondering if its different.

Message 13 of 31 (533 Views)

Champion

@Sketch793, I already mentioned that orange juice doesn't cost anything for our Sims several posts above.

@Psychotpsgood idea!:ealight_bulk:Standard smile  I never have tested the curative value of each cure method. This also might differ if there are variable strengths or durations to the illnesses. 

Very cute how your Elsa Sim got a "cold"! Large smileHeart

Message 14 of 31 (515 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Looks like OJ gives your sim the "Combatting Cold" buff for one hour. Nap gives it for three. Haven't tried it with anything else.
Message 15 of 31 (500 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps  Thanks! That is good to know! Standard smile  Can you stack the "combatting cold" treatments of both to get 4 hours?Wondering

Message 16 of 31 (483 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Wow, interesting idea. I didn't at the time, I waited until the first one ran out because I wanted to see a fresh count. What was the third option? Tea? I'll see if I can try that one as well today.
Message 17 of 31 (473 Views)

★★ Guide
@PugLove888 I’m thinking the same as well. In some cases it does take several tries until the Sim gets cured.

It could be intentional.
Message 18 of 31 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps, yes the 3rd option is healthy green tea.Coffee cupStandard smile ( I don't think the other teas do anything for illnesses.)

While you're at it, you can also test medicine.Angel  We have a total of 4 ways to combat illness in the game: naps/sleeping, orange juice, green tea, and medicine. Standard smile

@hestiah23, I agree!  I always thought this was intentional, just like in real life it usually either takes multiple doses , or it takes a combination of things to be fully cured.  Rest and fluids are often recommended for combatting many illnesses in real life, even if you are taking medicine!  Tea is good for throat and sinus trouble, orange juice is good for combatting colds and keeping hydrated, and rest is good for everything! SleepyLarge smile 

Message 19 of 31 (459 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Played it all day and didn't have a sim get sick once... Murphy has his grubby hands in my stuff again...
Message 20 of 31 (446 Views)